WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a private seller and need to post a watch.
Got some exorbitant quotes FROM Ferrari and Mbe here in UK.
Than found an insurance called Secursus which insures the watch... And you ship regularly uninsured with FedEx.
Anyone tried it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wouldn't insure with anyone who isn't involved with the actual handling of the package.

FedEx offers a jewelry service for value up to $100k, but I don't know if it is available in the UK.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In UK No courier offers enhanced cover on jewellery if you are an individual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh well... I used Secursus. Watch shipped with FedEx UK to Japan. Arrived safely. I guess no way thankfully to know if Secursus is good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You have to apply to FedEx's jewelry service. FedEx has a maximum liability of $1000USD for jewelry and watches. UPS has a maximum liability of $500USD regardless of what value you enter onto the form.

Securus is a brand new company so they don't have a lot of history but from what I've seen so far they seem to be pretty responsive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi All,
I am having the same problem. Have anyone ever filed a claim with Secursus? From what I can see they are responsive, but the founder is the guy actually doing the customer service...
Is this a one man show?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I am having the same problem. Have anyone ever filed a claim with Secursus? From what I can see they are responsive, but the founder is the guy actually doing the customer service...
Is this a one man show?
Hello there,

My name is Valentin Scemama and I'm the founder of Secursus. I'm also a watch enthusiast, if you google my name you will find some watch background easily or you can find me on my "watch related" instagram page versus_time

Secursus is only 1 year old , and even if we are growing fast , we do not have 100 employees yet. Sometimes I do reply to customers myself. I could have easily change the signature name but that's not how I work.
Secursus is a broker, which means we negotiated the best possible insurance product with a well known and solid insurer.
That's not a "one man show", we started small and slow , but now our insurance product is available on 60.000 e-shops in Europe. Soon you might be able to see our service on Ebay or Shopify.

Do not hesitate to contact either me or my team should you have any more concerns.

Valentin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts