WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week I had cause to head into the countryside for work. In a small country town amid a chorus of dusty shops I happened across a small antique store by the lyrical name of True Note 2nds and I picked up a Cyma watch for a song. The dial is good condition under the scratched crystal.
Triplex refers its 3 proofs against dust, shock and magnetism

Powered by a Cyma R.459 movement.

The gasket has perished and will need to be replaced and you can see that the crown has taken a knock and is bent. Perhaps affecting the stem but it sets and winds perfectly and is keeping excellent time. Any suggestions on how I can straighten it? Guess I could secure the stem and use a little gentle force to realign the crown.

I am reluctant, as my fingers remain challenged by dexterity. I’ve posted before on my efforts with springbar replacement and the damage I did to our pet dog.
Usually when I propose a project the family get concerned , check the speed dial on their phones for the ambulance and fire and ask if “ I’m really sure I want to do this? “

My son however enjoys my D.Y.I efforts and often enquires “Tell me when you start so I can video it”.
He uploaded a video of me on Youtube assembling an outdoor garden furniture setting and apparently it’s his most popular by far. He bleeped out the swearing.

Regards,

·
Moderator Public Forum
21,950 Posts
Very attractive Cyma Triplex, congratulations. Yes, just replace the crown and consider having it serviced. I've got a Navy Star Deluxe that uses a related R488.2 handwind movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts