WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all, pretty new to this forum, i am looking to get an additional watch to give some wrist time to, i dont have anything fancy and i am by no means a collector , although if i had more money i would certainly have some nice timepieces, anyway i have been wearing my 6309-7049 for the last 25 yrs on and off (mostly on) only really wore a dress watch when i had a job that was more appropriate for one, anyway i love , love this watch and have recently fell for the 6119-6400 Seiko esp in orange but it looks great in brown /black too
can anyone point me in the right direction? seen them on e bay but am not about to buy one fr Thailand or somewhere like that, so i hoped you guys could help, thanks

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
Seiko 5s are usually worn to death then replaced. In low cost labor markets they are sometimes given extended lives. Since they were never sold in any number in Eastern Europe that means they are 'extended' in Asia.

If you do not want to tap into these markets via eBay I suspect your only alternative is the occasional low usage survivor in Japan itself. Yahoo Japan seems to be an active market. There may be others.

Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have a Seiko 5..6119, that I just wrote a post about. My good fortune was that although it was losing 20 minutes every 2 hours or so...it was fixable. My watchmaker, for some reason charges me 3 times under market prices for any and all repairs. So you could say, I was paying in a "low cost labor market". Mind you I am not complaining. Now it is, as I said...working like a dream. The thing I want to know is..what is it you ( Eeeb) consider "past the point of no return"? My guess would be..when my watchmaker says "No Go".
Also curious what the numbers 6119.8083 stand for... also the on3941. I assume they are date and model #s.
Macaroni..I bought mine on ebay. It happened to be an American sale. But I find the Mainland Chinese dealer who handle includes ybl has reasonable prices and an interesting selection of watches..Seiko among them. ( I am in no way connected to this dealer) Good luck. P&P

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for info what is the name of the chinese dealer ? thanks still looking for another seiko but really like this one

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
;-) you say you don't want anything fancy? but the 6119-6400 is one of the fanciest vintage Seiko models.

Something to do I guess with it being beautiful, big size, with inward revolving bezel, reliable workhorse movement, produced only for a couple of years around 1969-72...

I also like the orange model best, but the 'Sienna' brown is very attractive as well.

If you don't want to buy from the East, perhaps you should keep a look out on ebay uk or in the us, since Seiko sold quite a few watches in those markets.

Good evening all, pretty new to this forum, i am looking to get an additional watch to give some wrist time to, i dont have anything fancy and i am by no means a collector , although if i had more money i would certainly have some nice timepieces, anyway i have been wearing my 6309-7049 for the last 25 yrs on and off (mostly on) only really wore a dress watch when i had a job that was more appropriate for one, anyway i love , love this watch and have recently fell for the 6119-6400 Seiko esp in orange but it looks great in brown /black too
can anyone point me in the right direction? seen them on e bay but am not about to buy one fr Thailand or somewhere like that, so i hoped you guys could help, thanks

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Here is a catalog pic (1969-70) including the sienna brown Seiko 6119-6400

Brown is such a unique 70's colour!

In reality I've seen them with different colour second hand though (the red second hand doesn't look so good)

4421423344_760f399703_o.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
that's great thanks i wish they were that price now, but i guess its somewhat relevant , still looking orange(aztec red) or sienna brown actually having seen this poster i like the yellow too, thanks for that

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just picked up a 6119 6400 in the sienna color, from canadian seller, its my xmas gift to myself hope

fully will be here very soon, (tracking in the u.s) as of 12/10...still looking for aztec red one, esp if i like the sienna one a lot,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts