WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Ive been looking to buy my lady an Automatic Watch for a while now I had my eyes set on an Orient and lately a hamilton but I have been unable to find the hamilton im looking for I ordered one online the other day only to get an email a few days later stating they had to refund my money and the watch is out of stock ...
Anyways im looking for one thats between 300 and 800 and not a seiko.....

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
What size (under 35mm? under 40mm? now a days ladies wear big too - I recently saw a lady sporting what looked to be around 50mm watch - actually did not look too bad and she had quite slender wrist)? Perferred color of dial?
Bracelet or strap? Need date or not? Want or do not want diver style bezel? case color (TT or straight SS)?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hamilton has some stunning ladies' watches well within your price range I'd check them out
GRRRRRR ............................:-|

Yeah I know ive been looking for a few but none of the AD's near my area have them........ If I tell you what ive been through during the past two weeks you wouldnt believe me ..I must have called more than 100 different shops....

but thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size (under 35mm? under 40mm? now a days ladies wear big too - I recently saw a lady sporting what looked to be around 50mm watch - actually did not look too bad and she had quite slender wrist)? Perferred color of dial?
Bracelet or strap? Need date or not? Want or do not want diver style bezel? case color (TT or straight SS)?
Hi and thanks for your reply, Im open to suggestion on color and style but size matters 35 and under...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
First of all, did your lady explicitly state that she was looking for an automatic? Also, a longer list of criteria would be aid us in choosing a particular model.

Yeah I know ive been looking for a few but none of the AD's near my area have them........ If I tell you what ive been through during the past two weeks you wouldnt believe me ..I must have called more than 100 different shops....
From what I've seen from my experiences cruising through jewelry stores and ADs, almost no one carries an auto womens watch. I would save yourself the hassle and purchase through an online AD, but only after deciding on a specific feature-set and viewing similar models in person.

·
Registered
38,827 Posts
:think: My former store carried quite a few, even an Oris from time to time.
First of all, did your lady explicitly state that she was looking for an automatic? Also, a longer list of criteria would be aid us in choosing a particular model.

From what I've seen from my experiences cruising through jewelry stores and ADs, almost no one carries an auto womens watch. I would save yourself the hassle and purchase through an online AD, but only after deciding on a specific feature-set and viewing similar models in person.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
:think: My former store carried quite a few, even an Oris from time to time.
To be fair, San Jose's population is more than 1/10 of my entire state. :-d
Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a greater variety of watches available to those living in more metropolitan areas. The ADs in my area never carry anything besides the "obvious" brands like Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer, Seiko, Citizen...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts