WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys!

I am seeking for my first watch and came across this beauty -> Select Your Country | Citizen Watch - English (UK)Citizen Watch , love the design and simplicity...eco-drive tech. seems to be great too.

I would like to hear your opinions - pros, cons, is it worth the money, is this technology ok, are there any better alternatives?

My criteria for the watch is - automatic movement, average or big, round dial, leather strap, water resistant would be ok, no fancy extras (3 hand with date, day-date), simple is quality, something that's available in european stores :)

Budget - 200-250$ (140 -180 EUR)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It's a nice watch, and Eco-drive is proven technology. For the same look in a much less expensive package, look at the Seiko 5 series like the SNK809/5/7 (three different colors), automatic movement, fabric strap- I'm sure that there are plenty with leather straps, and currently $50 US. The only caveat is that at least the ones I listed are smaller- 37mm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, nice choice. the Citizen BM8475-26E is a great watch and a great price :)
I would suggest looking at Seiko, Jack Lemans, GC, Hugo Boss, Amrani - brands, must of their watches are in your budget

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast reply, I'll check for Seiko's... :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked Hugo Boss and some Armani watches... they are overpriced because of the brand logo, i think....I could give a Jackques Lemans a try.

·
Premium Member
68,073 Posts
Citizen is a first class make and you should have no issues with it. I like the watch you have linked to a lot but more importantly you like it. By all means check out Seiko and Casio to see if they do anything you like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts