WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up this Seiko at a second-hand shop in Sweden. It's in nice condition. I've done quite a bit of searching online but cannot find another like it.

The case measures 38 mm across.

I would appreciate finding out all I can about it.

Thanks in advance!

watch face.jpg full watch seiko.jpg BACK of seiko.jpg

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Looks like a early 1990's Seiko Sports. The date made looks to be Jan 1994.

I remember seeing Seiko's that looked like that back in the day. I could not find much on the watch except that they also offered a orange bezel version called seiko SGN117P.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks journeyforce...That is all good to know. Do you know what type of value it holds? I'm obviously a newbie but love watches and want to start a collection. I was surprised that I couldn't find any like it online...I must have looked at a couple thousand pics recently but only found a single fuzzy photo of one with an orange bezel (like you mentioned) that was quite beat up with a broken strap. The owner was asking 150 euros (about $113) for it on some selling platform out of Indonesia.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Oh and the day/date wheel is in both English and what I assume is Japanese. Is this typical?
Can you post a picture of the Japanese date wheel? If it is Japanese then this might be a Japan market watch(how it got to Europe in the pre internet era is a story in itself)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Google the model number and you'll find that Boley has part numbers for the bezel etc. Part numbers might help you track down the parts themselves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately the strap broke last night -- split right apart. :( I visited the Boley site but saw that they don't sell to private individuals. I imagine it would be really hard to find the same strap seeing that I cannot even find the watch online. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
khd....I uploaded three photos....can't you see them?
Sorry, last time I logged on only the case back photo was showing... But I do sometimes have trouble with the pics when I'm using the iPad. Not to worry though - all pics are displaying now, I'd say the problem was at my end.

Nice watch by the way... Sorry I can't help much, I've only been able to find the Orange version mentioned by journeyforce. Good luck though!

Unfortunately the strap broke last night -- split right apart. :( I visited the Boley site but saw that they don't sell to private individuals. I imagine it would be really hard to find the same strap seeing that I cannot even find the watch online. :)
that's a shame about the strap... However, if it has 22mm lugs it might look cool on a green Obris Morgan strap?

image.jpg

(Not my pic)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks khd for your comments. Yeah, I was really bummed when the strap broke but that Orbis is nice looking...I'll check it out. I'm still baffled why I cannot find another watch like this one. Seems odd it being Seiko and all with so many watches being made.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Thanks khd for your comments. Yeah, I was really bummed when the strap broke but that Orbis is nice looking...I'll check it out. I'm still baffled why I cannot find another watch like this one. Seems odd it being Seiko and all with so many watches being made.
Yeah, there's normally so much info available online about most Seikos that it feels strange when you can't find anything! I think there's quite a few Quartz lines from the 80s and 90s that haven't garnered much interest from collectors, so these ones can be harder to research. I tried searching for some info about my dad's old Seiko a little while ago with similar results (https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/my-dads-vintage-quartz-seiko-5931-how-remove-movement-1506962.html)... When I search the codes on the back I only get images of similar models, but nothing identical to my watch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That makes sense khd. But since I got the watch for next to nothing money-wise, I'm happy to hold onto it. It's in really nice condition.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts