WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the build quality is superior, as is the timekeeping, and lume.

I want to hear from those who own(ed) it about it's size, comfort, strap, and convenience with that little access port. Did you like the watch?

Thanks in advance

Photos courtesy creationwatches and superchrono

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I do not know if it is "superior" against other watches, IMHO it is not by, but it certainly looks different.
Hmmm, only 200m WR. designed to look like it is 2000m WR. The rubber outer housing will catch, as rubber does.
I can not find any faults with the price, though!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Never owned one, but a watch I've noticed a few times over the years. Certainly looks and sounds tough. If one came at the right price I'd likely pick it up. What are they worth?

http://www.ninanet.net/watches/others16/Mediums/mtough.html

I know the build quality is superior, as is the timekeeping, and lume.

I want to hear from those who own(ed) it about it's size, comfort, strap, and convenience with that little access port. Did you like the watch?

Thanks in advance

Photos courtesy creationwatches and superchrono

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the BJ8034-04E since a week or two.

The lume is different in comparrison to the Citizen Eco-Drive Super Tough "Robert Swan" model. The lume of the dial is 4 out of 10. The hands are better but still 6 out of 10. For reference, my Orange Monster is 10 out of 10.

Using the screw down crown is a bit strange but it works. I use a small coin to screw it in and out.

The hour markers, the 12, 6, 9 and date window do not have the applied batton outline. Just a white line.

I love the case. Totally different as compared to other watches. Almost futuristic.

I changed the strap to a canvas strap from Timefactors. The original strap is very soft and comfy, but has metal rings around the holes which makes it look a bit too beefy for my taste. The black canvas strap from Timefactors is more subtle.

It is a light watch and wears as one. +4 seconds in two weeks.

+ Tough
+ Different
+ Eco-Drive

- Lume
- Smallish dial (in proportion with case)

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
IIRC the super tough line is no longer in production (please correct me if I'm wrong). a few years ago they were wildly popular for a time before folks lost interest. You hardly see them any more, but they are still some very cool, if large, pieces.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I have the BJ8034-04E since a week or two.

The lume is different in comparrison to the Citizen Eco-Drive Super Tough "Robert Swan" model. The lume of the dial is 4 out of 10. The hands are better but still 6 out of 10. For reference, my Orange Monster is 10 out of 10.

Using the screw down crown is a bit strange but it works. I use a small coin to screw it in and out.

The hour markers, the 12, 6, 9 and date window do not have the applied batton outline. Just a white line.

I love the case. Totally different as compared to other watches. Almost futuristic.

I changed the strap to a canvas strap from Timefactors. The original strap is very soft and comfy, but has metal rings around the holes which makes it look a bit too beefy for my taste. The black canvas strap from Timefactors is more subtle.

It is a light watch and wears as one. +4 seconds in two weeks.

+ Tough
+ Different
+ Eco-Drive

- Lume
- Smallish dial (in proportion with case)
Wrist shots please.:-!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've got both, the black and silver versions, and I think there are pics somewhere on the forum. They're great watches. They're pretty light, and the dials are a bit small given the overall size of the watch. But they're two of my favorite watches. Very different to even my other Citizens, some of which are pretty non-traditional in design to begin with. That's really what I like so much about them--you won't find many watches that look like them. Also, the straps are incredibly comfortable and well made.

I bought the black one from a member on WUS and loved it so much I picked up the silver version from Superchrono (I think it was). There's an all-Titanium special out there, now out of production, which I would love to have to round out the family. But it's quite a bit of $$$ and fairly rare, as I haven't seen one for sale in a while.

If you like Eco-Drives and you want something a bit different, I'd say definitely give it a shot.

A U.S. dime is the perfect size for unscrewing the crown, by the way. And, yes, the "body" of the watch is encased in some kind of resin or plastic. I wouldn't personally subject mine to any kind of abuse (they're my babies), but I have no doubt they'd take the abuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The watch is pretty cool. Feels great and very light on the wrists. Yes. the dial is a bit small but looks good.

I am looking to sell my 'all titanium' super tough which is also known as the Robert Swan edition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.