WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
He is like Mr Lovick, more used to dealing with high end stuff like Rolex and Phil Patel etc, you could try Mark Lovick via Watch Repair Channel but I would think joining Mike's facebook group via My Retro Watches channel also on Youtube and asking in there as they seem a keen bunch and couple respected watchsmiths in the group.

Mark Lovick btw offers a full watchsmith's set of courses with basic, intermediate and advanced levels.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
One chap who has covered a lot of Soviet stuff is Rat Faced Git on youtube, now his videos are extremely well made and informative and broken into nice chunks enabling one to work through at a pause and copy pace, then play some more and he is an absolute master with them Soviet movements :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've just sent it over to bustylove, log in here only to see that he's been banned.
this sort of **** could only happen to me.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Do you know why he was banned? It may well not be something related to actual watchmaking and something like forum infraction like arguing with other members, maybe talk to one of the moderators to find out some more info and got me fingers crossed for you m8.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've just sent it over to bustylove, log in here only to see that he's been banned.
this sort of **** could only happen to me.
That kinda sucks but doesn't have to mean anything. And if you're in contact with him outside of the forum, nothing to worry about, really. His profile is unavailable, so I couldn't see his post history and possibly a reason for the ban, but from the few random posts I found, nothing suspicious there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
the difficulty is that all i have is a name and address. i just messaged a guy on facebook that i'm 99% sure is him, so hopefully he gets back to me.
in the meantime i'll ask the moderators what's up. thanks guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the difficulty is that all i have is a name and address. i just messaged a guy on facebook that i'm 99% sure is him, so hopefully he gets back to me.
in the meantime i'll ask the moderators what's up. thanks guys.
Sorry to worry you chap. I created a new account to change my username and got auto banned. Its all sorted now though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found this thread while making a final search before esclating to PayPal a dispute about a service with Mat. Communication with him was fairly regular and highly specific (telling me exactly how he had repaired my watch) right up to the point at which I paid the final fee due. Then, nothing more since July. I sent him an ETA-2824 movement to service and fit within a black PVD Fortis Flieger. Didn't include the strap, so case only. I have to assume the worst, that he is looking to fence what are a sizeable selection of stolen goods. If anyone sees such a watch come up for auction, please send me a DM.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I found this thread while making a final search before esclating to PayPal a dispute about a service with Mat. Communication with him was fairly regular and highly specific (telling me exactly how he had repaired my watch) right up to the point at which I paid the final fee due. Then, nothing more since July. I sent him an ETA-2824 movement to service and fit within a black PVD Fortis Flieger. Didn't include the strap, so case only. I have to assume the worst, that he is looking to fence what are a sizeable selection of stolen goods. If anyone sees such a watch come up for auction, please send me a DM.

You may be interested to read from Mat's eBay listing the following:

UPDATE 14/08/20
I have been absence for very long time, staying at hospital for months and personal problems behind close door that have to be dealt with. I have recover really well from the serious injuries and I'm ready to start service and repair watches for the first in two months. I have people who helped me doing this service but they have tried their best, I'm greatful for the support they help me. I'm back to take over again, also I want to say for many of those who messaged me to see how I was, I want to say thank you for your caring and support, which meant to me alot.

UPDATE 24/07/20
Please be aware, I may being slow to answer your message at the moment, I’m struggling to keep up on time to reply messages back meanwhile doing the watch service , I have now roughly 1,600 messages believe it or not.
I will do my best to reply back quick as possible. Your message will be answered.
Many thanks
Mat

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is uncomfortable to read and I will be totally happy to pay all the necessary fees to get my watch back once Mat is recovered. I hope that it is just a really bad coincidence that when I paid for the return of the watch, his injuries struck and he's been unable to respond to my messages for many months. Like the other contributor said, the watch doesn't have huge monetary value, but it was something I was looking forward to wearing as a daily in lieu of my recently refurbished Seamaster that makes me scared I'll scratch it LOL.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
This is uncomfortable to read and I will be totally happy to pay all the necessary fees to get my watch back once Mat is recovered. I hope that it is just a really bad coincidence that when I paid for the return of the watch, his injuries struck and he's been unable to respond to my messages for many months. Like the other contributor said, the watch doesn't have huge monetary value, but it was something I was looking forward to wearing as a daily in lieu of my recently refurbished Seamaster that makes me scared I'll scratch it LOL.
I had the same initial feeling as you, however I am not quite so gracious as you have been as I do feel that it was not beyond the capabilities of any of his friends to have posted some kind of alert on this forum as to what was going on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the support Matt, I am a bit upset although I recognised the risk going into the arrangement and I'm sure other people would have potentially lost a lot more than me. I looked back on the other posts and thought about the eBay update...why prospect for new sales when you're struggling to fulfill existing customer requests?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hello Guys

Holy ****

This is Mat, Mat Cooper.
I’m came to shock as I reading this forum and I’m not aware until this thread pop up by Dale and I dint realise the discussion were made about me but I can understand the concern and frustration in this situation.

Meanwhile, I get a lot messages for service and repair on watchuseek site, I had someone told me but nobody mentioned to me about this thread, so I wasn’t aware to begin with and If I knew, I would have replied sooner to let you know all whats going on, bear in mind, I just got back into watchuseek site and start replying just only a month ago after four months absence.

I will not go into details what has happened to me, it’s a serious bad one. I have recovered really well, I have speech problems now and again but my memory is okay, I still have suffer tingling in my fingers and my right shoulder but doesn’t affect my work which is good.
All my work, watch queue orders , notes and so on, everything that I have organised went into a mess because my family have to taken my all watchmaking tools, watches and other things from my work studio apartment to my home and that because I wasn’t there to work and get paid, so haven’t paid my bills for the work studio after few months. Not trying to make a excuse here or feeling sorry myself but that is what exactly has happened to me.

Now I’m back couple months ago, I was able to catch up a massive backlog of atlease more than 100 watches to be service and repaired. Now I down to 26 watches left, I do still take orders now and again which I try to keep it in balance aswell

Look like I haven’t got back some customers on here yet, I just to want to say a massive apology, my messages inbox is just asboutley painstaking overwhelming on watchuseek , eBay,my email and my website. I have replied so many of them but not enough in short time that I wish I could. eBay message are a nightmare, unread messages get deleted automatically if over the limit to create more space for newer messages.

Please don’t be concern, the watches are safe, no watches are ever missing or stolen and I haven’t vanished or disappeared. I have serviced over thousands watches along Rolex, omega and other expensive brand and cheap watches aswell and it’s always be a no problem what so ever apart from one watch was missing in the post couple years ago. I have been serviced watches seven years and I never had a situation until recently.

However things are finally getting back on to track where I wanted to be atlast!

I have spoken SuffolkGerryW on the phone a month ago to let him know why I wasn’t in touch for ages, his both pockets already serviced many months ago but I’m still waiting for mineral glass to arrive before I can send it back to him.

I have spoken to KenReece a month ago why I wasn’t in touch for ages. I have already serviced his two omegas watch and Certina watch but I still waiting for the pallet fork arrive.

Studious, once again, I’m sorry for the trouble, please allow me to check if I have or not yet serviced your watch. I will find it out tomorrow for you.

Dale, once again, I’m really sorry for trouble that I have cause, I can remember doing your watch and now it’s sitting in the parcel for some time, i still got your watch in my safe obviously, I think i have sent to you a PayPal invoice request sometime ago but I will look into it tomorrow and get back to you. It’s unclear how I got into this stage of this mess.

Sincerely
Mat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Mat, I really appreciate your response.
As I said before, I just want my watch back and certainly won't hold any grudge.
You said my watch is packed up, so it would be great if you could put it in the mail (or ask a friend/neighbour if you're too unwell to do it yourself).
The claim I lodged with PayPal closes in 2 days (on 25th), so if you can post the watch and send me a PM with the tracking details, I will go ahead and close the claim.
When I get the watch returned, I will update this forum with the good news and that should take a lot of the pressure off you.
Best wishes,
Dale

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hello Dale
Brilliant, Thank you for your understanding,
I'm wasn't aware of Paypal disprute, I will look into it.

I thought I should let you know if you havn't got my email yet, I have sent you an email couple days ago to let know you I will sending the watch back to you, So I have sented it off yesterday morning. I have sent tracking tracking number to you.

Again, thank you for your undertanding and sorry for the massive delay.

Regards
mat

·
Registered
44 Posts
You have all derailed this quite a bit. The man got his watch fixed in the end!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am delighted to confirm that I received my watch back today and Mat has done a wonderful job. The watch has been keeping great time and I was especially impressed by the detailed service report included, which showed the thought and attention that must have gone into making my Fortis as good as it could be.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts