WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Looks legit, but ask him how can it be a new watch and not come with Omega box and papers? All new Omegas come with box and papers.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Looks legit, but ask him how can it be a new watch and not come with Omega box and papers? All new Omegas come with box and papers.
Gray mkt sold without box and papers. Not a big deal.............IF.......
thats the real watch and IF it ain't a scam and IF you don't want a
warranty. Seller has over 800 positive feedbacks. Good price if
you can live with the downside. Probably legit.
jim

·
Registered
314 Posts
Probably do better by the Forum AD. Plus you get the warenty. Thats the way i would go. Im not big on ebay for new watches when there are better, safer deals out there.

-Ben

·
Registered
512 Posts
I trade on Ebay for a living (not watches). The simple rule that I ve heard here before...Buy the seller.

In this case the seller has a long history (10 years) of trading on Ebay. He accepts paypal with a $2,000 protection. That means he has a commercial paypal account and has a established history with paypal. I'd say the seller is safe.

Next, determine if this is the best deal that you can get on this watch (from a seller that you'd be willing to do business with). Only you can decide that.

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Gray mkt sold without box and papers. Not a big deal.............IF.......
thats the real watch and IF it ain't a scam and IF you don't want a
warranty. Seller has over 800 positive feedbacks. Good price if
you can live with the downside. Probably legit.
jim
Didn't know the gray market watches are sold new without them, but then again, have never bought from a gray market dealer.
So they don't come with boxes from manufacture?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
i simply would not touch this no matter what feedback this seller has. if it's new it ought to have box and papers. if it's not got them then it seems to me to be a bit of a risk that isn't worth taking. MY OPINION. others will no doubt disagree.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Didn't know the gray market watches are sold new without them, but then again, have never bought from a gray market dealer.
So they don't come with boxes from manufacture?
My PO came from a grey market dealer with everything minus the warranty card. - David

·
Registered
512 Posts
Great deals can be had on Ebay, but only if the buyer pays attention to what they are buying and whom they are buying it from. In this case the seller checks out (see my previous post on this).

The watch is advertised as exactly what it appears to be. I have no doubt that if you buy this watch you will get exactly what is described in the auction.

There is nothing wrong with this auction as listed (and no it's not my auction, and I don't know the seller). If i was after that model of watch, I would seriously consider this one.

Since the auction says there are no boxes, then if that's important to you then don't consider this watch. Since the auction doesn't mention a warranty, then you are buying it as is (except in the case of a DOA).

The question to ask onesself is not whether this is a legitiment watch from a reputable seller, it' whether this watch at this price is attractive when compared to every other similar watch and it's accessories plus it's warranty (if any).

You need to decide whether you are willing to accept the risk of normally warrantied malfunction, and can do without a box for the price difference between this one and a watch that Has thoes other "things".

That is something only the buyer can decide for him/herself

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
My PO came from a grey market dealer with everything minus the warranty card. - David
That's what I always assumed. This seller can't possibly be selling a new watch, only one that was purchased new and possibly never worn.
Easy way to find out - simply email seller for clarification.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.