WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New, grey market 311.90.44.52.03.001: $6995, during 'flash sale' from well-known Internet retailer that starts with a J. Concur? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger next week...accent on "Thinking".

Also, what do you think about bank wire transfer to save 3%...around $210? Worth risking loss of credit card protection?:-s

Comes with 4 year Warranty from the "J" retailer.

Damn fine watch....

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
I have bought from them. The flash sales are almost never over the regular discount. I thought about a wire but wanted the cc protection.

Good experience would buy again for the right discount, for me unless it's 30% or more it makes sense to go AD.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Can seem to find the model you mentioned based on the reference number.

Did you mean this one? 311.90.44.51.03.001

personally. I wouldn't buy it only because it's a good deal. I would buy, because that's the one I want.

i would use a credit card for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Seems like a sweet deal for titanium and chronograph. Whichever way you go I'd say go credit card if you buy. Better protection.

Sweet looking watch. Let us know how it goes and post pics of you buy it - good luck!

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I bought a Ti blue PO 8500 LM from them at 38% off in March, and it's been wonderful, but I used a credit card for peace of mind since I'd not spent more than $440 with them before. The money I saved over Jared Jewelers would service the watch 5 times if it were a lemon, but the watch arrived new with stickers and hang tag, and running +3 sec/day on the wrist consistently.

If the savings only equalled about the cost of 1-2 services vs the best price an AD could offer then I'd stick with an AD. But never wire transfer the money unless you have a gun to your head.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, that Model - 311.90.44.51.03.001, Ti on Ti. Schweet. It *is* the one I'm currently sharking. Part of me leans towards Seamaster too, which is more simpatico with my lifestyle (more SoCal waterman than formal guy).

Thanks to all who replied. Agree that CC protection is worth the 3% over bank wire.

Now if I can just muster the huevos to pull the trigger. :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes, that Model - 311.90.44.51.03.001, Ti on Ti. Schweet. It *is* the one I'm currently sharking. Part of me leans towards Seamaster too, which is more simpatico with my lifestyle (more SoCal waterman than formal guy).

Thanks to all who replied. Agree that CC protection is worth the 3% over bank wire.

Wow, that thing is nothing short of beautiful. I would jump on that. Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts

Go on, you know you want to. And we need pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts