WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my search for a new "Do It All" watch, I found this after days of searching.

SNZG07 100m Water resistant 23 Jewels Case diameter:39mm Case thickness:11mm. $109

SNZG17 100m Water resistant 23 Jewels Case diameter:40mm Case diameter: 43.5mm $145

SNK809 30m Water resistant 21 Jewels Case diameter:36mm Case Thickness:06mm $70

SNKH63J 100m Water resistant??? 7S26 21 Jewels Case diameter: 39mm Case thickness:11mm. $95

Can anyone confirm if the SNKH63 is indeed WM100m?

I love the SNK809 but I need better sealing. The 63 would fit the bill if its got the extra depth.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the snkh63, and it only says Water resistant on the case back, I assume it's to around 30m, if it was 100m they would advertise it.

·
3,631 Posts
I like the way your research is heading. You've got great choices and great taste.
For me, 40mm is the minimum size (and actually just about the perfect size) for a man's watch, and 100m is the minimum for an every day wearer...so this one...

SNZG17K1_MED.jpg

SNZG17K1_MED.jpg

·
3,631 Posts
41mm would be perfect for such a beautiful watch. I always thought black on white was more legible than the more common white on black anyway. That particular combo (cream and green) is particularly nice.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
41mm would be perfect for such a beautiful watch. I always thought black on white was more legible than the more common white on black anyway. That particular combo (cream and green) is particularly nice.
Hey Dennis! If by green you're referring to the strap, well the color is more like "straw", pardon my French. I guess the stock picture makes it look greener than it actually is.

DSC_0005p.JPG

But then again, the strap can easily be swapped for something else. And 41mm is a good size!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got some tidbits for you guys from the Seiko CustServ Source:

Dear Sir,

The SNKH63J is indeed rated to 100m water resistant. That means that the watch is suitable for swimming or snorkeling, but not scuba diving. If I were going to do cliff diving I think I would look for a watch rated to 200m water resistant. This can either be a sports model (good for more shocks than a 100m but not for scuba diving), or a dive watch rated for scuba diving. The shock of hitting the water from a cliff jump might be enough to put too much pressure on the gaskets in a 100m watch.

Regards,
SCA Customer Service

Unfortunately because of their suggestions I'll likely go with the Citizen BM6400 for its 200m rating.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Got some tidbits for you guys from the Seiko CustServ Source:

Dear Sir,

The SNKH63J is indeed rated to 100m water resistant. That means that the watch is suitable for swimming or snorkeling, but not scuba diving. If I were going to do cliff diving I think I would look for a watch rated to 200m water resistant. This can either be a sports model (good for more shocks than a 100m but not for scuba diving), or a dive watch rated for scuba diving. The shock of hitting the water from a cliff jump might be enough to put too much pressure on the gaskets in a 100m watch.

Regards,
SCA Customer Service

Unfortunately because of their suggestions I'll likely go with the Citizen BM6400 for its 200m rating.
I like the honesty in that reply!

·
Registered
40 Posts
please ( again ) explane the difference between the SNZG07K1 and the SNZG07J1 other than the extra $20.00.

Thank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think there is a difference in watch construction, however the SNZG17 comes with a stainless bracelet, while the SNZG07 (military) comes with a nylon strap.

You can't get the SNZG07 in black (I dont think) so if you want the black face/white marking you pay the extra premium.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts