WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to envision the finished product. The beige SNK803 on olive (below) seems like one of the better combinations:

Some leather bands come close. It seems like the darker the better, which then serves to "wash out" the beige color to less yellow and more white. Also considering black and khaki NATO, but my preferred skunk style is harder to find in 18mm than the 5 stripe version. I've seen several black SNK809 examples on black and gray skunk NATOs, but I'm leaning away from black, as I have a Bagelsport black Sub coming and perhaps an HMT Pilot.

Has anyone re-banded a white dial SNK789, or is that just too fancy? Sometimes I like the idea of the batons rather than the numbers.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if the all-stainless SNK809K1 version can be re-banded as easily as the nylon band version. Do these two have the same case?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Do these two have the same case?
I believe so.

The SNK803 on olive looks great. Great choice.

Mine is a common 809. I like mine on NATO. Here are a couple of pics.

Grey

Desert Tan

Tan suede

Reactions: donoharm

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Since I already have a Laco flieger, I felt the need for something more dressy, so the batons got me. I went with a white SNKE49KE1. Now I'm seeking crocodile pattern brown leather. Just don't know if I need 18mm or 20mm?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone re-banded a white dial SNK789, or is that just too fancy? Sometimes I like the idea of the batons rather than the numbers.
I actually just did. This is the strap: Watch strap Cu-LB682R 18mm brown racing design white stitching by Condor

And this is how it turned out:
snk789_01.png

snk789_02.png

I am satisfied on a general level. The band was nearly too short for my wrists, but it works. Perhaps the buckle is a bit to small, I would have liked it to be as wide as the band is at the lugs. But, it really works well I think.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Hi, the 803 goes well with some loud colours also. The only problem I've found regarding cheap strap experimentation is the 18mm lugs: very few cheap straps available compared to 20mm, hence the wider strap squeezed onto mine.

Sent from Samsung s4 mini

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Here's my black dial

also, not mine but these both look great

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK, I wouldn't have brought this thread back to life just for my sake, but since it's back from the dead, and I just rebanded my new SNK809....

Sorry it's not an 803, but an 809. But maybe it will help, if you haven't found a band already. Which you probably have by now.

First post, for me, btw! :)

IMGP3774_enhance_small.JPG

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
OK, I wouldn't have brought this thread back to life just for my sake, but since it's back from the dead, and I just rebanded my new SNK809....

Sorry it's not an 803, but an 809. But maybe it will help, if you haven't found a band already. Which you probably have by now.

View attachment 1416950
Nice combo.

Welcome aboard btw!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

Welcome aboard...nice watch. You win bonus points for having both NATO and leather! You assumed correctly that I did find what I needed. It was an SNKE49K1. With the crocodile band I found it too dressy and it didn't get worn much. It was also a bit small and I sold it :(

My current leather band beater is a Wenger Terrgraph, which at 43mm is a bit too big, but fashionable, I guess:
https://www.watchuseek.com/f7/wenger-terragraph-01-0541-106-some-photos-770594.html

Attachments

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

Sent using AMAZINGLY STUPID AND OVERLY COMPLICATED as well as SLOOOOW NEW Tapatalk, even though I paid for the old version, that worked perfectly!!! I want the old one back!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts

My skinny wrists make it a bit hard to see the strap on a wrist shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts

Forgot about this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bobs100
1 - 20 of 102 Posts