WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1105.JPG IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1107.JPG

Hi. My latest addition to my watch collection (i'm new to the watch collection). Only arrived today but upon wearing it for the first time, the watch felt rather big to me visually. I'm not sure if that is really just because I have been wearing my Omega Speedmaster reduced more often which is smaller in size and less bulky. Regardless of the size, the Seiko feels comfortable on the wrist. The rubber strap is fine but seek to replace it with a nato strap soon.

Any feedback on what your impressions are would be great. Thank you!

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
Absolutely not. That's a proper watch-to-wrist ratio. Replacing the rubber will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm quite pleased with it so far. I will definitely replace the rubber strap - not the most comfortable I have to say but it works.

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
I think it’s fine but I wouldn’t go any bigger

·
Registered
Seikosha
901 Posts
I like when the lugs and case fit within the wrist at bird’s eye view. It looks about as large as I would go. Enjoy!

·
Registered
823 Posts
That is a nice watch. That style is supposed to be bold, so no, that looks good on your wrist. A dress watch in that size would look silly. Now I have to go check the webs for one like that - only in a different color - just when I though I was done with Seiko.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You are exactly on the limit of looking good or bad. For my taste it looks too big. If you feel comfortable looking trendy, go on and wear it.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Close, but I think it's just on the "looks good" side of the line. :)

Reactions: TecTonic

·
Banned
111 Posts
It isn’t something you cant wear, I guess it’s just a bit big but then it looks really good on you.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Looks good.

Any pictures you take where the lens is closer to the watch than the distance from which you usually look at it, are misleading. They'll make the watch appear larger than it actually is. Pictures 2 and 4 seem to be taken from a larger distance, so those are the ones to go by in my opinion. And they look totally cool.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Good to go.

It looks slightly large for your wrist in the picture, which means it is perfect in real life. (At least that's my experience, always looks larger than it really is in a close up pic.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts