WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have my eyes on this (king) Seiko 5626 7090, but after going back and fourth with the seller, i noticed a few things.
1. The reference number on the dial is different from the caseback by 1 number (dial: 7090; caseback: 7091)
2. The case does not have the screw for regulations in between the lugs of the 5 to 6 placement. When i asked about it, the seller simply said the screw is only there for the 7099, which isnt true since the other 70xx series has it, but can someone confirm this one? (The video he sent of the ticking were fine tho)
3. If it were real, how much would one actually cost now?
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Watch accessory
Saving Coin Finger Money handling Nickel

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi, Fappo--I can't tell you a thing about the external regulating screw, or what the watch should cost. But it isn't too unusual to find a dial number that is different from the case number. For instance, I have a cap gold 3803-7031 whose dial number is 7030. During the production run of a watch, I suppose Seiko may make small modifications in the case which do not affect the fitting of the dial, so the case gets a new number and the dial number stays unchanged.

I think the watch you've shown is a lovely thing--unusual for being a cushion case, cap gold, chronometer grade, and having its intact gold seal on the back (though I wouldn't expect it to meet chronometer standards now).

They say, "Buy the seller," meaning that you want to be certain of a seller's reputation--good advice!

Regards, ReggieH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Fappo--I can't tell you a thing about the external regulating screw, or what the watch should cost. But it isn't too unusual to find a dial number that is different from the case number. For instance, I have a cap gold 3803-7031 whose dial number is 7030. During the production run of a watch, I suppose Seiko may make small modifications in the case which do not affect the fitting of the dial, so the case gets a new number and the dial number stays unchanged.

I think the watch you've shown is a lovely thing--unusual for being a cushion case, cap gold, chronometer grade, and having its intact gold seal on the back (though I wouldn't expect it to meet chronometer standards now).

They say, "Buy the seller," meaning that you want to be certain of a seller's reputation--good advice!

Regards, ReggieH
Hey Reggie, thanks for the advice. I went ahead and asked around on reddit too. Many were saying it's an export model, meaning the external regulating screw is not there, externally. The seller does have a pretty massive following count but cant be too sure with vintage seikos and omegas since theres so much variations.

In the end, I ended up purchasing it after gathering all these infos.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congratulations, Fappo! I have many fewer doubts about the authenticity of this watch, or vintage Seikos in general than I would about Omegas.

It also occurs to me that the external screw may have been omitted because of the gold shell--doubts about screw threads maybe.

ReggieH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations, Fappo! I have many fewer doubts about the authenticity of this watch, or vintage Seikos in general than I would about Omegas.

It also occurs to me that the external screw may have been omitted because of the gold shell--doubts about screw threads maybe.

ReggieH
Thanks! Yeah apparently its a newer version according to some. Apparently they dropped the external screw as to increase water resistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts