WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have been primarily collecting Seiko dive watches these past couple of years. I was offered this yellow 6139. I’ve read in numerous that there are a lot of fake parts out there. Can the experts please take a look at this watch and let me know if the are some AM parts? Thanks a million.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I thought I came across somewhere that some of the bezel inserts did have the 'block' under the 60, but I can't verify that right now and any original I've seen did not. That said the rest of the dial appears to be original.

I think it was towards the end of 72 that 'resist' was removed from the dial.

Case doesn't appear to be (over) polished, which is good, case back seems appropriate, proper crown, lume plots seem original, hour, minute hands look to be the right shape, including seconds and sub dial hands. If there's been no moisture in the watch then dial, hands and lume should look near new, I can't tell if it's lighting or not but the lume plots at 1 and 2 and maybe 4 appear to have some grey, if so it might be from old, cracked chrono pusher gaskets, which would make sense given the position relative to the (grey) lume plots in question. To me it looks original, was worn frequently but I bet never in or near water. Based on what you've shown it appears to be a fairly decent example.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Agree with Seabee1. Looks like a decent example. I only have a doubt on the hours and (big) minutes hands that look pristine, with spotless metal and lume, but they're in the right shape indeed.

Caseback, crown, pushers, inner bezel, etc. also look the part. Haven't said this of a Pogue in this forum for a long long long time indeed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Does the crown have a dimple in it?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Looks like a good watch. Not all 6139-6005s have the resist line. The highly sought after "true Pogues" (identical markings as Col Pogue's watch) did have resist line at the 9 o'clock position. I have a true Pogue and it just returned from servicing by Spencer Klein. I did a review of it on my YouTube channel, "Mountain Standard Time" enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ77rQVCmgw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts