WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread earlier looking for a seiko watch repair recommendation. Wanted to run the problem by you guys, see if anyone else has had this problem.

I just received a Seiko 6139-7010 in the mail and it seems there may be an issue with the movement. The second hand is ticking fine but the hour/minute hands are stationary. Date seems to set fine but the day doesn't.

·
Registered
629 Posts
When you turn the hands via the crown in the time setting position do you feel any resistance? If not it could have a loose cannon pinion. Does the quick set via pushing the crown set the Day?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Service. Really no other solution. You set the day by pushing the crown additional step after you set the date. Gentle, as I've broken a stem once by pushing too hard under an angle. Pic?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Service. Really no other solution. You set the day by pushing the crown additional step after you set the date. Gentle, as I've broken a stem once by pushing too hard under an angle. Pic?
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Here's a picture.

The quick set sets the day (numeral) not the day of the week.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Since you have more then one issue, as mentioned, a complete service may be the best approach.

If you decide you'd rather part with it as is, rather then investing in a service, let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts