WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just picked up a new 6139-6009, which I believe is the US market version of the 6139-6000. The watch came in need of some slight TLC, but with a new crystal, the outer bezel realigned, and the minute register hand reattached it's looking much better! (As you can see the lume on the hands and dial is getting a little fuzzy/corroded, but I'm not sure what I can do about that, as an aside if anyone has suggestions or has run into this before please let me know)

Unfortunately, the watch arrived on a poor aftermarket metal strap which I could not abide, so for now its just resting on the nylon strap pictured. So now I'm looking for some strap suggestions, pics are encouraged! I understand the lugs are 19mm which is a bit of an odd size, and NOS bracelets are likely going to be hard to find, so any ideas, thoughts, or pics for a good strap/bracelet would be much appreciated!

IMG_0732 (1).JPG

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Have Stewart make you a strap. Just let him know its for the pogue and needs to be 19mm lug width. He makes a phenomenal product. Just google "Heuerville" and he should pop up.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I intend on getting a hand made vintage looking leather rally strap for mine. I think it'll look awesome.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those heuerville straps look fantastic. Does anyone have photos of a 6139 on a leather rally strap?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I've always liked Perlon on vintage pieces. Not correct to watch, but correct to era and very comfortable. A navy one would work on that. I even saw one on a vintage Rolex sub the other day and it looked right at home. Here's one on my panda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Oh, and don't sweat the 19mm thing - any 20mm will work which expands your options substantially. A .5mm squeeze on each side is nothing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dimodell rallye strap come in 19 and 20mm. Work well with this in black, brown and Tan

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've swapped it over to an 18mm black leather strap for the time being. I'm thinking I'll go 19 or 20mm black rally strap, probably just with the perforations, not the 3 big holes. Thanks all for the suggestions and photos!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, its a less expensive rally strap I found on ebay. The Di-Modells looked good but this looked about the same to my eye for half the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts