WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have recently inherited my fathers Seiko watch after his passing, its a 6205-7980 model with a 6NO starting serial number.

Here is a youtube video of an identical watch. This is not my video btw. It seems I cannot post links, but if you search for

1965 Seiko 6205 7980 vintage automatic men's watch on youtube you will find it.
My watch has some damage unfortunately, my dad wore it everywhere!

The glass is cracked, but I think I have found a suitable replacement glass!

And the crown is missing, so I have not been able to set the time and date. this model is a kinetic watch so no winding required to get it running :)

So, does anybody know of a suitable replacement crown? I have googled with no joy, asked many ebay sellers but all have no spares for this particular model :(

A local watch repair shop also came up with nothing.

I would dearly love to get this watch repaired and start wearing it, and having it show the correct time and date would be useful!

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have my late fathers Seiko too, a similar model to yours from the 1960s. These old Seiko watches are automatic not kinetic (that's later technology), I would seek out another local watchmaker/repairer (rather than the local jeweler) who should be able to fit the glass and also source a generic crown, as it's a family piece which you will cherish then a service is in order too. There is a sticky thread here somewhere which recommends watchmakers by location if you fail to find one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi V8chrono

Thank you for your reply, I shall seek out a local watch maker and hopefully they will be able to assist :)

Best regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I sent this watch off to Seiko UK for repair and they were not able to carryout any repair due to not having any of the required parts :(

Does anybody know what crown will fit this watch?

Thanks
Peter

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
Well I sent this watch off to Seiko UK for repair and they were not able to carryout any repair due to not having any of the required parts :(

Does anybody know what crown will fit this watch?

Thanks
Peter
Since you have not had much luck in this forum, you might want to try a forum that specializes in Japanese watches. I don't have direct experience with it, but I have heard of this one: Home | Wrist Sushi - A Japanese Watch Forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts