WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A two years search ended a few months ago for me when I managed to find and buy an elusive Scubapro 450 for myself.
As you are no doubt aware the Scubapro 450 is a very rare model.
They were based on the JDM Seiko 6306-7001 models and were produced in conjunction with the Scuba-pro dive equipment products company under a marketing contract with Seiko.

No one knows exactly how many were made and so when original examples of these watches come up for sale they command premium prices.
The high prices have led to prolific amounts of fakes being made and passed off as originals and all the ones I've ever seen come up on ebay, for example, have been fakes.

I managed to find a very nice example (all original and unpolished) and when it arrived it went straight off to Duncan (cannop) for a service.
I'm quite chuffed that Duncan has chosen to add the service of my SP450 to his blog and you can read all about it here:

Seiko 6306-7001 Scubapro 450 | The Watch Bloke

As you can see it didn't really need much other than the service and new seals and now it's been serviced and pressure tested I can enjoyed wearing it for quite a few years - worry free.
Duncan also informed me that it's now running so well that during the 4 days on test it settled to an average of +2spd!
That's pretty damn amazing especially for a 37 year old watch.
Needless to say I'm ecstatic :joyous:

Would like to thank Duncan for his great service as usual and for adding my watch to his blog. Cheers mate!

Here's a few pics I took today :

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks you guys! :-!

Good luck in your hunt bombora - make sure you read up on what to look out for as there are a lot of fakes out there.
Thx Thor. I came close a couple of times but i am still waiting for for an example like yours. :)

Most of the fake/am crap is pretty easy to spot. Even the better crap just isn't as sharp and doesn't have that "je ne sais quoi" of the originals.

·
Registered
430 Posts
This is the best shape & time accuracy I ever come across with sp450. Your 2years effort finally paid off. Gorgeous!! I am also looking for 6306 & 6306 Scubapro 450. If you don't mind, Can you share (PM if you prefer) where you get it & which seller, how much? So I need to start hunting & save up for it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Amazing to see such great condition of 6306 Scubapro, makes my 6306 look really used :-d

The 6306 Scubapro 450 is my favourite of all the 63xx series divers

My 6306 with plenty of patina

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

1 - 14 of 14 Posts