WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- one of my favorite mods.
- plug and play, straight drop in of the 7c43 movement, incl dial and hands, and magnetic protective shield behind the movement. All fits into the 6309 704x case without any modification.
- liked the black version so much, had Ken Setser do a pepsi version with Noah's domed sapphire crystal :-!
- both on super oysters

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
- one of my favorite mods.
- plug and play, straight drop in of the 7c43 movement, incl dial and hands, and magnetic protective shield behind the movement. All fits into the 6309 704x case without any modification.
- liked the black version so much, had Ken Setser do a pepsi version with Noah's domed sapphire crystal :-!
- both on super oysters

[email protected]

A couple of days ago i posted on another forum a question asking if anyone ever did a 6309-704x pepsi mod... now look at this beauty :-!

Congrats! Lovely, so lovely :-!

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Wonderful mod. very nicely done. Do you think you could give us the play by play on how it was created? I'd be interested in learning about any surprises, difficulties and general do's ad don't you discovered while building this. BTW, If you haven't yet tried one of Swedefreak's end caps, consider giving them a shot.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonderful mod. very nicely done. Do you think you could give us the play by play on how it was created? I'd be interested in learning about any surprises, difficulties and general do's ad don't you discovered while building this. BTW, If you haven't yet tried one of Swedefreak's end caps, consider giving them a shot.
-------------------
Isthmus,
- really a simple plug and play mod, with no modification required
- find a 7c43 200m professional diver, remove 7c43 complete incl movement, dial and hands together
- drop into 6309 case (use original 6309 chapter ring)
- 7c43 movement comes with a anti-mag shield behind the movement, that piece also fits into the 6309 case.
- add the 6309 caseback and done

- other add-ons
- black 7c43 + 6309 case, includes flat sapphire from (ttsugar), Chuck was one of the pioneers to offer this mod - great quality
- seiko super oyster bracelet, this was during the old school days - when jonathan and harold did not have end links for us all to enjoy. Used a dremel and filed the original curved end links to fit the 6309 case.

- pepsi 7c43 + 6309 case, domed sapphire from Noah (original made for the 6105s, but also fits the 6309s)
- original insert with big pip from a 7548 150m diver
- 7c43 movment, dial and hand set complete - from a beat up 7c43 pepsi 200m professional diver.
- really a straight forward drop in mod with a great result (IMHO). Wished seiko would come out with something as clean looking and love the white hands :-!

tip - find a working 7c43 200m diver, and ignore the case condition; if it works, just find a 6309-704x and its a pretty cool mod

Here is another common mod, 7548 + 6309. Original inspired by Kelly R (scwf)

Attachments

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Fricking AWESOME!!! I want one. Owmuchezitt???

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Excellent info Will. Thanks for the detailed response. I think it's time for me to start thinking about design ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts