WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy blokes,

Just picked this up from the original owner only half an hour away from me on the west side of Brisbane's inner city. He bought it new sometime in the late 70's or early 80's but it's serial number dates it as a production year / month of March 1978. He had it "restored" about two years ago with a NOS crystal, all new seals and the movement was stripped apart and serviced. It has the original dial, chapter ring and hands. The dial and hands still light up green when you put a UV light on it but it doesn't last for long.

Here's some pictures from his ad on eBay. We made a deal on eBay for it and because i was local i could buy it with cash and save us both the eBay and Paypal fees and postage costs.

This model is the only one with the silver and black bezel insert and silver hands, which i actually much prefer to the gold. Apparently this only ran for a year before they changed it so they are very rare and apparently quite sought after.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great watch and great find Nick! One of my favorite (affordable) divers ever; wear it in good health!

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou Paul, appreciate it. I totally agree, they have some great qualities about them. The movements are absolutely solid, they are iconic and the orange dial is gorgeous. I'd love to find a 6309-7040 case to drop it all into but for the time being it'll stay original. Hell, it may stay original indefinitely. I do imagine a cushion case with the guts of this one looking really quite nice though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts