WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I searched for some relevant info on servicing this movement and couldn't find anything definitive. I just picked up a seiko sawtooth and was wondering what the service schedule might be like for the 7n36. Is it just a drop in replacement kind of movement when something goes wrong?

I would hope that once it's time to get serviced that it can be cleaned with only a battery to replace.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
So I searched for some relevant info on servicing this movement and couldn't find anything definitive. I just picked up a seiko sawtooth and was wondering what the service schedule might be like for the 7n36. Is it just a drop in replacement kind of movement when something goes wrong?

I would hope that once it's time to get serviced that it can be cleaned with only a battery to replace.

Thanks in advance guys.
If you use the watch for diving or water sports, I would have the seals replaced each time the battery is done. Quartz movements are not prone to wear like mechanical movements because the gear train is not constanly under tension. If the movement gets dirty or the lubricants dry up, it will let you know and that is the time to have it cleaned and re-oiled.

Other than that, just enjoy the watch :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts