WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fellow forumere, I recently made a purchase of a seiko 5 with luminous dial, it runs well, the luminous dial is good, but what I would like to know is why this particular seiko 5 have a day wheel that is operated by pushing the crown? Inspecting the see thru back the markings on the rotor says 7s26a, does the 7s26 have this feature? All of my other 7s26s have quickset day/date function but is manipulated by turning the crown, not pushing it.

Here is a photo of the watch

On the see thru case back it also has a marking saying that the watch is "water ressistant 10 bar", can this be trusted?

Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Same subject has been discussed in another place.

So far the result point towards a franken movement, maybe 7009 with a 7s26 rotor.

Without more pic of the movement..... case back remove..... its just a no ending guess.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have SKX007 of course with 7s26 inside. The watch serial is 265064. How do I know is it 7s26 A, B or C? And how can I determine year od production of my watch? I tried on one website and it says it was made in 2002, but I bought it two months ago.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have SKX007 of course with 7s26 inside. The watch serial is 265064. How do I know is it 7s26 A, B or C? And how can I determine year od production of my watch? I tried on one website and it says it was made in 2002, but I bought it two months ago.
First number of your serial denotes the year of production. That means it could be 2002 or 2012. 7S26A was produced beginning 1996, 7S26B showed up in 2006, while 7S26C showed up in 2011.

If you bought it new two months ago, I'll place my bet on 7S26C, produced in 2012. The surefire way to tell is to open the caseback and the movement number should be stamped on the rotor. There are some dial differences between generations that could also help identifying your production year, but I'm not familiar enough with them to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts