WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a SARB017 and am curious about it's size. Does anyone here own one? I'm hoping to find out the diameter of the watch as well as the lug width. Also, if anyone can post a picture of it next to other watches so I can see a size comparison that would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Hi LJUSMC . Th face is 31mm dia and the case including the crown is 42mm . Sorry i have no comparison pics but i fyou go down the page there is a alpinist thread and i think there is another on page 2 . The first is called
***Official SARB017 Seiko Alpinist thread*** . Hope this helps .DW. :-!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
About 39mm without the crown. I have small 6.75inch wrists and love the watch, its one of only two keepers in my collection. But if you have big wrists or are overly concerned about size (giggle), it may not be for you. No comparison shots sorry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just received one I bought over the web and, I must say, first impression is that it's a SMALL watch... That doesn't come over in photos.

I've not even tried it on yet (dial, hands and case are nice, strap is as, everyone says, rubbish), but it looks rather dainty.

I have an Everest too, and that never looks like a BIG watch to me, but it looks massive in the photo next to the Alpinist.

If I'm honest, I'm a bit disappointed, but I'll give it a go.

M

PS ETA, sorry I hadn't noticed how old this thread was, but still, my experience might be useful to someone...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts