Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Model
Prospex Alpinist - Mountain Glacier
Reference
SPB199J1

Dial
Emerald green/grey sunburst dial with applied, polished stainless steel hour markers, and a date aperture at 3 o'clock
Case Material
Stainless steel
Case Dimensions
Diameter: 39.5mm, Thickness: 13.2mm, Lug-width: 20mm, Lug-to-Lug: 46.4mm
Crystal
Sapphire crystal with date magnified. Anti-reflective coating on the underside
Case Back
Stainless Steel screw-in, sapphire display
Movement
Seiko calibre 6R35: Automatic with manual winding and hacking, Power Reserve: 70 hours, Ticking Speed: 21600vph
Water Resistance
200 meters / 20 bar
Strap
1. Dark green, vintage-style, calfskin leather strap on a Seiko deployant clasp 2. Sand-colored, nylon strap on a Seiko deployant clasp 3. Fratello-exclusive, grey suede strap with pin buckle
Functions
Time (hours, minutes, and central seconds), date, inner rotating compass bezel
Price
€880
Special Note(s)
European-exclusive numbered edition: Limited to 2,020 pieces

Pre-order: Seiko Alpinist SPB199J1 European Limited Edition Release

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This watch looks incredible! How does someone in the US go about getting one of these? Do you just have to wait for re-sale? 😔

·
Registered
521 Posts
Beautiful looking watch. Only fair since us in the USA got the SPB089 as a limited release here. This blueish gray looks great. Hopefully it lands in the hands of collectors and not resellers.

edit- i'm hoping/assuming that 880 euros includes VAT. Blue alpinist over here cost $600... 880 euros is over a thousand USD right now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful looking watch. Only fair since us in the USA got the SPB089 as a limited release here. This blueish gray looks great. Hopefully it lands in the hands of collectors and not resellers.

edit- i'm hoping/assuming that 880 euros includes VAT. Blue alpinist over here cost $600... 880 euros is over a thousand USD right now.
Well, some folks got the SPB089... I heard it sold out pretty quickly? Looks like 2020 pieces for this new model and the SPB089 had 1959. This is a Europe exclusive release so not sure if any will be available without VAT.

Oh yeah, GO QUAKES!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well, some folks got the SPB089... I heard it sold out pretty quickly? Looks like 2020 pieces for this new model and the SPB089 had 1959. This is a Europe exclusive release so not sure if any will be available without VAT.

Oh yeah, GO QUAKES!
it sold out quickly on hodinkee back when everyone was under the impression that it was a hodinkee exclusive. I was VERY lucky and contacted every Seiko AD within a 60 mile radius and found one half an hour away who was willing to hold one for me so I can pick it up that day (ok, maybe an hour after that call).

Real ones know. If you ain't a Quake, you're a fake. ⚫🔵

·
Premium Member
100 Posts

I am hoping that too. 880 euros with VAT. Whew. Dial looks stunning. Beautiful watch.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
(y)Thanks Time Seller.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Has anyone every bought from the Fratello Shop? Me being kind of new. I know nothing about them. Thanks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It looks stunning, that’s for sure.

As for the price, yeah it may be high but the question is how higher is it going to resell. I suspect it’ll be worth more than what you buy it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, what a beauty this watch is! I have the green one, this would fit nicely with it, with this amazing dial and the silver indices! Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Maybe the best looking Alpinist dial I've seen, looks like a great addition to the lineup.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
It looks stunning, that’s for sure.

As for the price, yeah it may be high but the question is how higher is it going to resell.
Yup. Value retention and returns on disposal are the main consideration for today's financial enthusiast.

After all, the big question isn't whether you like it, but whether you can make a speculative buck out of it, right, kidZ?

1 - 20 of 533 Posts