WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I understand that Seiko owns Orient. Does Orient use Seiko movements? Do they use Seiko cases?

If not, do they have separate R&D for their movements, cases, parts, etc? Some of the Orient cases look similar to Seiko's.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
They both work on their own, Orient movements are in-house but are allowed to use Seiko's technology (magic lever for example). I assume they also share some basic parts.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I would also like to know anyone did try Seiko hands for Orient movement, caz I want to change the hands of my Orient

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
The hour and minute hands are compatible but I am not sure about the seconds hand. It might be slightly - I have seen someone use the Seiko hands - all three of them - on an Orient. I personally installed the hour and minute hands sized for a Seiko on a Orient but retained the original Orient seconds hand.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Slightly different topic but since Orient is part of Seiko wouldn't it make sense to combine those two in one forum and put Citizen by itself.
I own Seiko and Citizen but keeping them toghether really makes no sense IMHO.....
Please chime in...

DON

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Slightly different topic but since Orient is part of Seiko wouldn't it make sense to combine those two in one forum and put Citizen by itself.
I own Seiko and Citizen but keeping them toghether really makes no sense IMHO.....
Please chime in...

DON
One might think so but the reason that there are more than one Seiko/Citizen forums is that there has not historically been enough traffic to justify a Citizen only forum.
Orient has it's own corporate forum. That is done on purpose to keep the individuality of the products and marketing separate from Seiko.

·
Registered
734 Posts
One might think so but the reason that there are more than one Seiko/Citizen forums is that there has not historically been enough traffic to justify a Citizen only forum.
Orient has it's own corporate forum. That is done on purpose to keep the individuality of the products and marketing separate from Seiko.

Putting Citizen due to lack of traffic as a reason into the Seiko Forum still does not to make alot of sense.

DON

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Putting Citizen due to lack of traffic as a reason into the Seiko Forum still does not to make alot of sense.

DON
Perhaps not but when most of these forums were formed; that was the decision and it has just remained that way.
These forums were started by enthusiasts and collectors of Japanese watches;Seiko and Citizen being the most prominent at the time. Probably neither one alone would have generated enough traffic but the formula seems to work.

If you feel there would be enough interest in a Citizen only forum; maybe you could be the first to provide one :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Perhaps not but when most of these forums were formed; that was the decision and it has just remained that way.
These forums were started by enthusiasts and collectors of Japanese watches;Seiko and Citizen being the most prominent at the time. Probably neither one alone would have generated enough traffic but the formula seems to work.

If you feel there would be enough interest in a Citizen only forum; maybe you could be the first to provide one :)

Not with my post count plus I only own 1 Citizen that is currently at COA for service....:-d

DON

1 - 9 of 9 Posts