WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
While they're calling the module "new", it seems like it's missing countdown timer(s), which in this day and age is a major omission. The display seems to be too small to hold much of a functional practicality. Other than that, I like the exaggerated, kids' action watch look of it to the point that I just might get one, usefulness be damned!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I honestly think they look pretty cool. The larger pushers don't bug me at all, especially if they're screw-down crowns. My only criticism is that the Padi's dial looks very busy with all the text. I'm trying to decide whether to grab one of these or a SBBN033 for my watch purchase of the year.

IMG-9219-2.jpg

SNJ025P1.jpg

SNJ027P1.jpg

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While they're calling the module "new", it seems like it's missing countdown timer(s), which in this day and age is a major omission. The display seems to be too small to hold much of a functional practicality. Other than that, I like the exaggerated, kids' action watch look of it to the point that I just might get one, usefulness be damned!
The feature set does seem kind of light.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Model: SNJ025P1 (Black) / SNJ027P1 (Pepsi)
Case Material: Stainless steel case and plastic outer protector
Movement: H851 (solar Duo-Display)
Crystal: Hardlex crystal
Bezel: Unidirectional
Water resistance: 200m
Diameter: 47.8mm
Functions: Chronograph (100 minutes 1/100th increments), Alarm, Dual Time, Calendar
Price: AU$799

I was really looking forward to these, but that 100-minute chrono may not be enough to get me to bite.

I do like the look though for sure!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Oh, this is very good looking indeed! I am quite interested now in the pepsi variant.

I wonder if it has light though?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I want one. I had an original Arnie and it was the first watch I sold here - I had no idea what I had at the time. So this might make me feel a little better :)
I just caught onto these a few months ago, have a 5009 and 500a, and they wear great, just love how it fits, never thought it was going to such a great addition to the collection. I sent them both for service, so I'm missing them.... Come back to my soon!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,583 Posts
They remind me of the Casio AQS8XX series with the tiny lcd. Does the Seiko even have an led back light for it? AW, you said this watch is missing a CDT, that is a big no go then and it reduces the functionality considerably.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love an ano-digi; tissot t-touch has been my go-to watch before falling in love with Seiko Divers. But yes, it would need a Count Down Timer. I am sad about this because this watch has a lot going for it in the style department. Nice blend of SKX007 and tuna can, then throw in the digital functionality. But the count down timer is a must have, especially if you could run it on repeat for interval work outs. Oh well, I guess I'll keep saving for my next automatic and continue to use my cell phone for CDT.

1 - 20 of 1545 Posts