WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1461 - 1480 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Absolutely love this thread. Since history tells us Arnie runs aren't infinite, does anyone have any insight about how long Seiko typically offers these? It'd be nice to at least have some kind of heads up before they fade away again.
The originals were made from 1982-1990, 8 years. I have no idea how long they'll make these. Probably various considerations, sales, inventory of parts pre- purchased and contracted for, planned obsoleting and shift in another direction, etc. I guess you could contact them and ask. I don't know if they even know, or if they would give you a answer (corporate secret stuff perhaps), but you could give it a try. Perhaps tell them you are thinking about purchasing all 5 versions in the future at affordable intervals and you'd like a idea of the availability window.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really enjoy seeing all the Arnies! I stripped one of the shroud screws on my 025. Does anybody know where to source some new ones? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ask Seiko.See if their Tech/Repair Department will send you one. Usually you'd have to buy the screws in bulk from whatever source they use if you look up or take the dimensions yourself and that is pretty pricey. What I do for things like that is ask the tech guys where they get the part from or ask them for the size because it's broken and I need to replace it. I try to "talk around" the fact that I broke the part, if that's what happened, but I don't lie about it. It usually results in them offering to send me a replacement. Saves them warranty repair costs. Politeness goes a long way here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks to PiguetPolo for contacting me and setting me up with some screws! That was a kind gesture and very much appreciated! The 025 is currently in the shop to extract the broken screw. I figured there is a greater chance of success for someone more knowledgeable and better equipped with tools to give it a try!

Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions! And thanks again to PiguetPolo!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like the digital display. but I think the watch is a little over the big size for me.
It's the biggest watch I own. 15 mm is a beast. And a dial of ~48 mm. I have 6.75" wrists and typically stick with sub 42 mm x 13 mm thick. I took a chance with the Safarni, and I'm glad I did. If you have a chance to try it on, definitely try it. It isn't a small watch by any means, but wears well. And it isn't nearly as heavy as you would expect.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks to PiguetPolo for contacting me and setting me up with some screws! That was a kind gesture and very much appreciated! The 025 is currently in the shop to extract the broken screw. I figured there is a greater chance of success for someone more knowledgeable and better equipped with tools to give it a try!

Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions! And thanks again to PiguetPolo!

Thank you!

This man talked my Arnie off the ledge.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When Seiko announced they were reimagining the Arnie, it was a childhood dream come true. I have lusted over it for many years, its just cool.
I totally get it. I missed the 80's run, caught the second one in the 90's, and am thrilled that it's back. Since I haven't been into Seikos since college, I missed the reissue news by about a year. Once I saw it, I sold off another jumbo dive watch knowing I'd never wear again it once the new Arnie came in. I hope they keep this one around a while.

1461 - 1480 of 1545 Posts