WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1501 - 1520 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
The SNJ031 is my first seiko and I'm really enjoying it. Some of the nomenclature surrounding Seiko is a bit confusing. Just for reference, does the Arnie lineup wear the same as a Tuna? mini-tuna? Ive also recently heard of the Seiko land tortoise which is also had a shrouded case. Can anyone clarify how the Arnie lineup (SNJ0XX) compares to some of these other Seiko watches as it pertains to how they wear?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The SNJ031 is my first seiko and I'm really enjoying it. Some of the nomenclature surrounding Seiko is a bit confusing. Just for reference, does the Arnie lineup wear the same as a Tuna? mini-tuna? Ive also recently heard of the Seiko land tortoise which is also had a shrouded case. Can anyone clarify how the Arnie lineup (SNJ0XX) compares to some of these other Seiko watches as it pertains to how they wear?
The Seiko Arnie Reissue is pretty much dimensionally approximately the same size as the Tunas though the Tunas are .5mm thicker.

The dials on the Tunas are visually bigger so they will visually wear a little bigger on the wrist. In light of this, the Arnie is visually better for the slim wristed, though both would work well.

The Tuna is a professional dive watch and the build quality is many levels above. Still, the Arnie scratched my itch well enough for a Tuna Case watch.

I've heard many say the black case makes the watch wear smaller, but I feel its been the opposite when I put my Arnie in the SS shroud. It gave the watch a pin head effect especially with the 22mm lug width. Didn't like it at all.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My Arnie's been on the FS ledge a couple of times and I've had to talk it off with aftermarket straps. The original Seiko silicone strap, while very soft and high quality was stylistically and comfort wise, not to my liking.

With the acquisition of an official tropic strap for my Arnie, I think it's finally happy.

I was able to find one at a palatable expense and am happy to have done so. It's a very nice soft high quality strap.

I like that the ends are rounded unlike the traditional squared off ones especially since the Arnie design exposes them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Arnie's been on the FS ledge a couple of times and I've had to talk it off with aftermarket straps. The original Seiko, while very soft and high quality was stylistically and comfort wise, not to my liking.

With the acquisition of an official tropic strap for my Arnie, I think it's finally happy.

I was able to find one at a palatable expense and am happy to have done so. It's a very nice soft high quality strap.

I like that the ends are rounded unlike the traditional squared off ones especially since the Arnie design exposes them.

View attachment 15920478
Uncle Seiko? Looks like one of his that I have in blue for a Citizen Blue Angles that I have. I really like his straps, I have quite a few on my Seikos. Looks great on the Arnie. I may have to try one myself.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Uncle Seiko? Looks like one of his that I have in blue for a Citizen Blue Angles that I have. I really like his straps, I have quite a few on my Seikos. Looks great on the Arnie. I may have to try one myself.
Not the Uncle Seiko, Its the Official Tropic Strap found here

Be sitting down when you have a look at the prices though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got mine yesterday in the mail. Ordered it from Macy’s at a discount and used some of my reward points. Opened the box only to find a damaged crystal. There’s a little chip on the hardlex near the three o’clock marker. Was thinking of keeping it to install a sapphire crystal, but I couldn’t tell if there is mark on the dial right under where the chip is or a reflection on the underside of the hardlex. So I ordered another one and will return this one. Other than that I was surprised on the fit. Wears smaller than my 45mm Panerai. My wrist is 6.75”. Wrist are more flat and the lugs don’t protrude beyond with a little room to spare on top and bottom. Strap is comfy and I don’t mind the metal keeper as much as I thought I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I got mine yesterday in the mail. Ordered it from Macy’s at a discount and used some of my reward points. Opened the box only to find a damaged crystal. There’s a little chip on the hardlex near the three o’clock marker. Was thinking of keeping it to install a sapphire crystal, but I couldn’t tell if there is mark on the dial right under where the chip is or a reflection on the underside of the hardlex. So I ordered another one and will return this one. Other than that I was surprised on the fit. Wears smaller than my 45mm Panerai. My wrist is 6.75”. Wrist are more flat and the lugs don’t protrude beyond with a little room to spare on top and bottom. Strap is comfy and I don’t mind the metal keeper as much as I thought I would.

Looking good. The relatively tiny dial does a lot to balance the portly dimensions.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
What is the model for this version? I haven’t seen a full black version with red seconds.

Page 70 post 1,388 ;)

-SNJ031
-Brushed black shroud from Stitches and buckles
-Strap from SNJ025
-Buckle and keeper from SNJ031

I like it.

Pictures in different angles and lighting. Ignore the dust.

View attachment 15691891 View attachment 15691892 View attachment 15691893 View attachment 15691894 View attachment 15691895 View attachment 15691896

1501 - 1520 of 1545 Posts