WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just want to share today's arrival of my new SEIKO ATLAS/aka LANDSHARK SKZ211K1.
I red some reviews about the loose compass crown and other issues but have to admit I got captivated but its look, a mix of time piece and tool as well as for its bold yellow hands.
I ordered from SKYWATCHES in Singapore, is the second watch I ordered from them after my glorious SKX007J1 (BTW I have no affiliation with the store)
This time I took the chance to request the watch delivery without the box (and save 10 bucks) based on my good previous experience and the fact that I already have some Seiko boxes.
As you will see on the pics I cannot regret my decision: the watch was nicely packed, no scratches (even on the bracelet) and arrived in 1 week from SIN with no import taxes to pay :)! I will definitely buy more from them: have to admit that it is not the typical seller that pampers its costumers and thanks the purchase and bla bla....most likely they will not reply to your product detail inquiry (you can find all info you need here in WUS) but they get things done and provide delivery confirmation at a great price.
Coming back to the watch it is exactly what I was looking and very glad with the price/value ratio. I have to confess I got infected by the Seiko virus HERE in WUS... now monitoring some Sumo options around
:-!
Thanks for watching and sorry for some unfocused pics (taken with my mobile)
1.JPG

2.JPG
4.JPG 5.JPG
6.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
15.JPG
this will go with a G10 nato sand/black I got from Crown & Buckles, will post some pics when installed!

·
Banned
3,937 Posts
Congrats. The loose compass never bothered me.

I liked mine, but sold it for lack of wear. It reminded me of the Spork, which is a great looking watch.

Sent while doing a burnout.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Reactions: FERNANDO RODRIGUEZ

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Have you opened the first watch you bought from them? I have looked at some of the wathces from that part of the world, but I'm little concerned about authenticity...

any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@WichitaViajero
I was also concerned at the beginning, this is why so far I did not purchase any watch from ebay delivered from HK or THAI...
I didn't open the watch case because for a diver, I don't want to risk the water resistant or misplace any gasket.
Regarding this vendor I made A LOT or research and decided to move forward after few indicators:
1. Very good reviews from WUS enthusiasts not related to the vendor (I checked all reviews)
2. It has a civic/physical address in SIN, close to the city center (address/phone available) Mayor part of ebay merchants do not provide any civic address
3. I work on an international organization that has an office in SIN, so asked a friend there to pass by the store to confirm if its legit and it was, he also got good input from his costumers on site and other merchants

So base on all this I purchase with confidence. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Interesting, a Seiko 5 with solid stainless steel bracelet and end links. Not something you see everyday.

Btw, that compas thing, is it actually a magnetic gauge or just an orientation bezel that you have to manually rotate?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Have you opened the first watch you bought from them? I have looked at some of the wathces from that part of the world, but I'm little concerned about authenticity...

any feedback would be appreciated.
I stay in Singapore, no affiliation to sky watches, but they do have a shop in Chinatown here, piss poor service at their shop most of the time but competitive pricing. Strangely, the 2 Seiko and 1 citizen I bought from them did not come with any manufacturer's warranty, only in house warranty from them.

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi RejZoR, the watch does not feature a magnetic one but a mechanical one that provides orientation with the sun position (crown on the left side of the case works for this purpose)

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Interesting, a Seiko 5 with solid stainless steel bracelet and end links. Not something you see everyday.

Btw, that compas thing, is it actually a magnetic gauge or just an orientation bezel that you have to manually rotate?
There are some 5's that are pretty solid, the Frankenmonster is also a 5 and it's a 200m, screw down crown diver. There are various ranges of 5's, they are not all the same. They come in dress, sport, casual, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are some 5's that are pretty solid, the Frankenmonster is also a 5 and it's a 200m, screw down crown diver. There are various ranges of 5's, they are not all the same. They come in dress, sport, casual, etc.
I have been looking for a frankenmoster on line at a "store" price and not at a "collector price" and couldn't find it, any input will be appreciated.

Regarding the landshark is running very nice, gaining just 2 seconds per day on his first month

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Fernando!
it's been about a year already since you got this watch. Please send some comments Pros and Cons you found.
I'm thinking to get one, but still hesitating.
I heard that the rear (compass) cap is not screwing all the way and it jeopardize watch water resistance. Is it true? Have you tried to swim with it?
Thanks and have a good day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts