WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking at getting one of the Seiko SNZG watches in the black/gun metal grey stainless steel, what I would like to know is, do these bands scratch? or does the colour eventually wear off (like some gold plated watches do)?

Also do they look any good with nylon straps (should I want to go that way)

THANKS!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
They are tough but will eventually wear or scratch.It won't wear away like a paint job:I've got 2 Seikos with PVD gunmetal finishes & they look as good as new really.Can't speak about the bracelets,one is a diver with a rubber strap & the other is on a NATO.
Yes,they look really excellent on nylon NATOs.
Go for it!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just got this yesterday. My first IP watch. Really liking the look so far. Looks great with all diff colors of nylon too. Hope it looks this good after wearing it for a while. :^)

photo-9.JPG

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
My 15-month old SNZH59 has no visible wear even though I'm not particularly careful with it. I like it on a Zulu strap.

Reactions: BrianL

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I wear it on leather, so I can't say any about the bracelet but the watch is really tough, it doesn't scratch easy (I feel harder than titanium)
The gun metal Seiko looks better in leather, canvas and nylon strap than with their stock bracelet in mt HO.
I will buy it again.

19.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts