WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my brand new BFK almost a month ago, but there is a problem with its crown, it only takes less than 1 turn for the crown to be fixed/locked. Will Seiko repair this under warranty without additional cost?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Well first off, was the watch purchased through an authorized dealer or a grey market source like Amazon? If the answer is Authorized, I think you'll have to ask Seiko about it. I know that a lot of companies wont repair screw down crowns as that's often an issue caused by user error. If the answer is grey market, then there is a pretty good chance that you'll be high and dry. Either way, the answer is to call whomever is appropriate and ask them.

Was the crown that bad from the beginning, or has it gotten progressively worse?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well first off, was the watch purchased through an authorized dealer or a grey market source like Amazon? If the answer is Authorized, I think you'll have to ask Seiko about it. I know that a lot of companies wont repair screw down crowns as that's often an issue caused by user error. If the answer is grey market, then there is a pretty good chance that you'll be high and dry. Either way, the answer is to call whomever is appropriate and ask them.

Was the crown that bad from the beginning, or has it gotten progressively worse?

Thanks for reply.

I bought the watch from e-bay (Seller ID: DaBrands) and it came with 1 year international warranty card. Yes, the problem was from the first day, but it did cost too much to return it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts