WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is somewhat a cosmetic thing, but I'm working on Hillcrest's Seiko 5, and when it got here, I found that the steel "frame" for the date window had come off. From the looks of the dial back, this part is just glued on. Anyone have any suggestions as to what would be most appropriate to use to put this frame back on?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I had a similar problem on a Seiko quartz dial.

I think I used crystal glue (it was a couple of years ago)

·
Registered
501 Posts
You may start laughing now:
I always used normal glue like indeed christal or cyanolithe like.
after several guarantees I did take a close look at the original glue:
it was sticky and not completely hardened.
So nowadays I use a Polymere adhesive. like they use in construction etc etc etc... many colors are aviable and for that dial I would use black.
with the tip of my oiler I apply very little.
After I changed to Polymere, I never had a guarantee again. so it works.
And you can work very CLEAN!
dials have a hard life, polymere survifes all the stesses on the dial.

succes.
RJ van Melle.

PS: The tubes in what they are sold will last till my 80th year I think HAHAHAHA
O well, they do not cost a fortune... and you can also use it around in your home ;-)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use epoxy glue, A and B, mix these together in equal quantity. Apply as little as you can with a needle replace the frame and after about 10 minutes remove the glue what ever is visible on sides of the frame. If you remove the glue earlier than that, it spreads and gives ugly look and if its too late, difficult to remove. There is a trick to remove the glue take a pin and scrap the surface at the edge of the frame (do not put pressure it on the dial, it would scratch the dial) with tolerable pressure (neither too much nor too little).
I never had complaint with this glue.

Jaswant Kamboj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts