WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

5921 - 5940 of 6163 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I picked up a Scurfa a while back based upon your photos. What a great strap! I think it’d be perfect if it had some taper incorporated.

My search for the perfect rubber strap for the 143 ended with the Hirsch Accent. The only way it could be better, IMHO, would be if it accepted fattie Seiko springbars (QRs on the Accent), and with a case-fitted design at the lugs.

Highly, highly recommended. Caoutchouc rubber is brilliant!

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,924 ·
I picked up a Scurfa a while back based upon your photos. What a great strap! I think it’d be perfect if it had some taper incorporated.

My search for the perfect rubber strap for the 143 ended with the Hirsch Accent. The only way it could be better, IMHO, would be if it accepted fattie Seiko springbars (QRs on the Accent), and with a case-fitted design at the lugs.

Highly, highly recommended. Caoutchouc rubber is brilliant!
That hirsch is a cool looking strap.

I’d agree that for the 143 this strap would be even nicer with a taper. But I have also enjoyed the straight 20/20 a lot for some other watches with bigger cases like the 079.

·
Registered
748 Posts
That hirsch is a cool looking strap.

I’d agree that for the 143 this strap would be even nicer with a taper. But I have also enjoyed the straight 20/20 a lot for some other watches with bigger cases like the 079.

I have the Japanese domestic market version SBDC063 so I’ll have to give that a try. Love the blue bezel on the 079/063! But it can make strap selection tricky. Unlike the strapmonster SPB143, the 079/063 seems to be more ‘at home’ on the stock bracelet, at least to my eye… It also pairs well with color-coordinated NATOs, but I have lost interest in them because the nicer seatbelt styles lift the watch too high off the wrist for my liking. A Tropic looks great on it, so I can see the Scurfa pairing up very nicely with the larger case. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
748 Posts
That's a bummer (for me at least) , I would have to go with Barton's or Watch Gecko's ZULUDIVER when I decide to buy a rubber strap.
This may be taking the thread off tangent a bit, but one of the thing that bothers me about this style of Tropic is the way the tail terminates to a curved point—the same way most straps do. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but shouldn’t a ‘true-to-the-original’ tropic design have a tail that terminates to a tapered, squared-off end?

Probably doesn’t matter to most, but the curved-point termination is a deal-breaker for me.

·
Registered
11,464 Posts
Looks great on every strap you've posted!
Thanks! Sometimes it feels like I buy the watches for the straps and not the other way around. I’m as proud of my strap collection as I am my watch collection.

Reactions: schumway and Kev161

·
Registered
780 Posts
Just bought this strap from Bark & Jack from the UK. It’s 1.4mm thick and weaved in dark grey with an additional touch of dark blue. Can’t wait to put it on my SPB143.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts

Got a new strap for my new SPB143. Pajama Strap from BluShark. Fits great, elastic is very comfortable, and the battleship grey really keeps that grey dial and monochromatic design looking solid.

This is one great Seiko. I may not wear my SKX007 again (yikes).
That's a great match I need to look into those.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
SPB143J1 / 145J1 / 147J1 / 149J1

Just saw this getting posted about here and thought it may be worth getting it’s own thread going.

https://www.seikowatches.com/ca-en/products/prospex/spb149j1

SEIKO PROSPEX SEIKO DIVER'S WATCH 55th Anniversary Limited Editions | Seiko Watch Corporation

It looks like an LE of 5,500 and a price of 140,000 yen.

Sapphire crystal

200m

Diashield

6R35

40.5mm diameter

47.6mm lug to lug

13.2mm thick

For my part I love the size and the dial, case and hands. No chapter ring.

I have been looking for awhile and I think It is almost my perfect seiko diver dare I say it.

There are also some non limited editions with grey and brown dials.

SPB143J1

SPB145J1

SPB147J1

I love the blue one!!! SPB149J and I really like the case shape and and crown position but somehow SPB147J i like the dial hmmmm now I'm confused which one should I buy :p

5921 - 5940 of 6163 Posts