WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

5941 - 5960 of 6163 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love the blue one!!! SPB149J and I really like the case shape and and crown position but somehow SPB147J i like the dial hmmmm now I'm confused which one should I buy :p
Definitely check them out in person if you can. I would say the 143 looks pretty true to life in pics (amazing) and pics of the 147 rarely capture how amazing it actually looks... I've never seen the 149 in person, but am guessing it's also amazing.

That probably doesn't help, haha.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Reactions: munichblue

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like them all, but I went for the 145. It sits somewhere between the 143 and the 147-- the sepia dial on the 145 is not monochrome like the 143, but very subtly colored, and I prefer it to the 147, since I'm not fond of the gilt accents. It looks great with the right brown or green strap but also looks terrific on black rubber (Hirsch Caoutchouc here).

·
Registered
11,464 Posts
Looks great on every strap you've posted!

Thanks! It's such a great strap watch. A grey strap pulls out the dial and a black strap pulls out the bezel. Can't decide which one to settle on for the long haul.

·
Registered
11,464 Posts

So I tried very hard to get into the Marine Nationale Erika's style strap but it's a no-go for me. Things I didn't realize before buying:

- Pain in the a** to put on. Like crazy difficult. My fingers are still cramped.

- Can't get the hook and loop clasp to sit at the bottom of my wrist. It's on the side.

- There is another metal hoop on the other side, just a lot of metal everywhere.

- When taking the strap off, the hook end flaps around and can strike the bezel or the crystal.

I'm going to stick with the other elastic strap I purchased, it's from BluShark and has a traditional clasp and NATO styling and be much happier that way.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I tried very hard to get into the Marine Nationale Erika's style strap but it's a no-go for me. Things I didn't realize before buying:

- Can't get the hook and loop clasp to sit at the bottom of my wrist. It's on the side.
Just FYI this is why Erika offers custom sizing which makes all the difference... I can’t use the generic MN straps because I have a 6” wrist...

Also two of your other issues (putting on & removing) just come down to technique, but if you can’t be bothered then no worries!

cheers

5941 - 5960 of 6163 Posts