WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

5961 - 5980 of 6163 Posts

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Just FYI this is why Erika offers custom sizing which makes all the difference... I can’t use the generic MN straps because I have a 6” wrist...

Also two of your other issues (putting on & removing) just come down to technique, but if you can’t be bothered then no worries!

Thanks!

To me, the styling and feel of the MN elastic vs. NATO elastic is a tie. They're both single pass, both very secure to the wrist, both look very authentic, both exceedingly comfortable. MN has a lot of metal on both sides and that big X thing, NATO has that foldover bun and metal on one side, it's a draw there on hardware too.

Where the tie is broken is on the simple act of fastening the strap. I can't be bothered with the MN's hook and loop learning curve and I did not like how the hook end flapped around and hit my bezel and crystal when I was taking it off, that's unacceptable. The NATO has a traditional buckle and tang.

So I'm sticking with the NATO elastic version (BluShark, above). Same vibe, same comfort, infinitely easier to strap on, low risk of whacking itself when being removed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I tried very hard to get into the Marine Nationale Erika's style strap but it's a no-go for me. Things I didn't realize before buying:

- Pain in the a** to put on. Like crazy difficult. My fingers are still cramped.

- Can't get the hook and loop clasp to sit at the bottom of my wrist. It's on the side.

- There is another metal hoop on the other side, just a lot of metal everywhere.

- When taking the strap off, the hook end flaps around and can strike the bezel or the crystal.

I'm going to stick with the other elastic strap I purchased, it's from BluShark and has a traditional clasp and NATO styling and be much happier that way.
Same experience here, i tried the CNS ones and those straps are hell.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yowza!

You can stop buying NATOs now because every one you get after this one is only going to disappoint, LOL! I don’t think I’ve seen a more flattering match from a NATO anywhere for any watch, TBH. Dead. Solid. Perfect. Kudos!
🤣

Reactions: Commisar

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just gotten this, not too bad, something different
View attachment 15890626
Congrats! I'm supposed to have one on the way, just waiting for word from the AD I worked with. Question: am I seeing things or is the bezel of the 213 slightly different? I know the finish is different, but to me it looks like one of two things is going on: 1)the bezel of the 213 is slightly less wide, or 2)the numerals on the bezel of the 213 are slightly larger. It's very subtle, but it looks like there's less space at the top & bottom of the numerals on the bezel of the 213. This is especially apparent when looking at the triangles at 12:00.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats! I'm supposed to have one on the way, just waiting for word from the AD I worked with. Question: am I seeing things or is the bezel of the 213 slightly different? I know the finish is different, but to me it looks like one of two things is going on: 1)the bezel of the 213 is slightly less wide, or 2)the numerals on the bezel of the 213 are slightly larger. It's very subtle, but it looks like there's less space at the top & bottom of the numerals on the bezel of the 213. This is especially apparent when looking at the triangles at 12:00.
Not seeing any of this

·
Registered
10 Posts
They looked the same to me. Actually i preferred the spb147 due to the gold accent reflecting off light. but the silvery dial of spb213 looks different from the rest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They looked the same to me. Actually i preferred the spb147 due to the gold accent reflecting off light. but the silvery dial of spb213 looks different from the rest.
I honestly was hoping the dial of the spb213 was more white than silver. Hoping to see more pics of this in the wild as they appear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I honestly was hoping the dial of the spb213 was more white than silver. Hoping to see more pics of this in the wild as they appear.
Real world pics have started trickling in on IG the past few days. I’m really only seeing a decidedly silver tone in lower lighting. In bright lighting/daylight I’m getting a sunburst white or a very, very pale silver.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Movement accuracy update:
Out of box: +15s/day
After 3 months: +6s/day
Today, 8 months: +25s/day

Probably not the right type of exciting I was hoping for.
What resting positions are y’all using at night to slow the movement down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't taken my SPB143 off since I got it pretty much, just to shower. I have slept with it on most of the time and it's gained 11 seconds TOTAL since May 5th. Insanity. Really loving this watch. Hard to see me taking it off any time soon.

I have been extremely lucky with my various 6R movements (SARB017, SARB033 + SARB035 ~ +/- 2s a day)

my SKXs are pretty good too, but not this good. Super super happy I got a good copy locally here in Canada. I did reach out to Larry (uncle seiko) and he said he wants to do some bracelets for this line later this year. I'll get pics up when I can...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Apologies in advance as I'm certain this question has been asked and answered thousands of times on here, but I'm looking for a set of springbars I can use to fit a tropic strap on my 213 when it arrives. Long Island has a set that is 1.78 but it does not state the tip size. I understand that I don't want to use bars with a tip that is too small as over time it can damage the lug holes. Can someone please point me toward the best place (that is in the US) to purchase what I need? Will these work? Pair of Thick 20mm Double Flange Spring Bars for Watch Straps and Bracelets #SDF-178S-20

5961 - 5980 of 6163 Posts