WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd throw this out there, hoping someone might know. I currently own a SKX007. Looking at possibly buying a Orange or Black Monster. But I was wondering if anyone know of another (Seiko) model that's in the 44MM range (or even larger) that I haven't heard of? I'm looking to stay at or around the same price point as the Orange/Black Monster, give or take a few hundred bucks. But maybe willing to go higher depending on the watch.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Funny you ask this. The SRP043 is what you are looking for. Under $300 and 44mm. Every other thread in this forum has been about this watch the past two weeks. Sumo mentioned above is a better all round watch with a better movement, but you will pay 5 bills new.

here is my SRP043 (Spork) on a 7.25" wrist.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I 2nd the vote on the Spork. Also the Seiko ska3832 aka Ceasar is bigger than the monster and is in your price range. Probably even less if you can find a like new one on the sales forum. It's not automatic though, but Quartz Kinetic. I love mine an in fact am wearing mine tonight when I go to sleep :-d

Lastly, here is a review of the chrono version by another forum member with comparison pics next to the monster

https://www.watchuseek.com/f304/seiko-snda13-chrono-caesar-review-136144.html

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The Ceasar calls out my attention everytime I browse through Seiko watches displayed at stores. It is huge but I am not still familiar with the Kinetic models so, maybe in the future. looks and wears great! :-!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
IMG_1121.JPG IMG_1139.JPG Here's the Stargate (beside the Monster) that was mentioned above, it's about 44mm across.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Man I want this one badly myself
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
I saw a seller on ebay that has all models of the Stargate, and at a MUCH better price than I paid!! I bought mine from watches88 for $300 w/bracelet, the seller on ebay has them for $239 w/free shipping!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the input! I really appreciate it. I'm kinda leaning toward the Spork...more my style. Thanks again!

·
Registered
322 Posts
You won't be disappointed with SPORK. Make sure you get it with the original bracelet - this way you always can keep the bracelet and rotate between it and some nice leather / robber / whatever straps.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Another recommendation for the BFK. Helluva watch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts