WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for a little help from WUS members.
As some may know I recently acquired a taste for Seikos, would like to bid on one in particular.
Someone, not sure who, emailed me after I bid on the 6105 at the attached link, and told me this was a frankenwatch-put-together.
Might be hard to do, but can anyone tell me just from looking at it, if this is true?

Thanks for your help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEBI:IT&viewitem=&item=270052849809&rd=1&rd=1

·
Registered
432 Posts
Judging from the condition of the dial and hands, it is probably a frankenwatch. But is that really a bad thing? If I were buying a 6105 to wear, I wouldn't be too bothered that it wasn't the original dial. It isn't a fake, it just has a few aftermarket parts.
If it is a frankenwatch, it is kind of expensive though. I have seen them from overseas sellers for half as much.
I have heard that the lume on the aftermarket parts is pretty horrible. You might want to send it in to IWW or everest for a re-lume.
The more I see those 6105's, the more I like them:-!. When the watch fund gets bigger, I might just pick one up too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts