WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got a Black Frankenmonster and love the look and solid feel of it. Being an Auto, I wear it fairly often. It had to go in for a service after a nasty drop out of my bag the other day. It started to gain about 15 min every hour!!!

Watch is back now, and running around 25 seconds fast a day which I am happy with.

My question: Do they come in a quartz model? I work in and around trains and do not want to give it another nasty bump, as the auto movement do not like them :).

I have some G-Shocks that I wear to work.

Cheers,

Pieter

·
Registered
308 Posts
No quartz variants of the Frankenmonster, I'm afraid.

How about the Caesar, or the BFK, or the Sawtooths?
If you can find one used/NOS, perhaps an SLR001/003 could also be in the works? They're the perpetual precursors to the Monsters & FrankenMonsters iirc.

Otherwise, a new Caesar or Sawtooth would definitely be nice! :-!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I might just look for a Eco-Zilla.
Pieter, I was going to suggest a Eco-Zilla or a G-Shock GA-100-1A1JF.

I also have a Seiko SKZ255, and I love it. Fortunately, I have had zero durability problems with the SKZ255 so far. I wear my SKZ255 more than any other watch because its nighttime legibility is incredible.

If you want to avoid automatics, then I suggest a Eco-Zilla or a G-Shock GA-100-1A1JF. I have both, and both are great alternatives.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pieter, I was going to suggest a Eco-Zilla or a G-Shock GA-100-1A1JF.

If you want to avoid automatics, then I suggest a Eco-Zilla or a G-Shock GA-100-1A1JF. I have both, and both are great alternatives.
Hi,

Just ordered an Eco-Zilla. :-!

I have some G's and wear them from time to time, however I have recently "rediscovered" metal watches.

Sometimes you fine a watch that is just RIGHT for you, and for me it is the Frankenmonster. I hope the Eco-Zilla will be one of those as well.

Will post some wrist shots once I get the 'Zilla ;-)

Cheers,

Pieter

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

I got the 'Zilla today.

What a watch!!! This one will see a lot of wrist time. It is still going to be a tough call between the Monster and the 'Zilla every morning... ;-)

I'll post some wrist shots later this week.

Cheers,

Pietervn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts