WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been asked many times before, so apologies in advance. Is it possible to get a glass back for a seiko divers? I've scoured the web and can't seem to find any indication that its available.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Merry Christmas to you all.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Someone on this forum has put a view back on a Monster. I believe it was the caseback from the Atlas, but I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I own two Seiko dive watches with the solid stainless back, and I'd like to add a see through / glass back to them so I can see the interior. I haven't seen any offered anywhere I've looked to date.

Jack

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah you're a saviour. Been lookin for this for absolutely ages. Hopefully the threads also tell me where I can purchase the glassbacks. Thanks again.

Jack

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Ah you're a saviour. Been lookin for this for absolutely ages. Hopefully the threads also tell me where I can purchase the glassbacks. Thanks again.

Jack
Check with Noah Fuller www.10watches.com or Harold 'yobokies'.
Check the various trade forums here, the SCWF, PMWF, etc. and post a WTB if you don't find one in your initial searches of those sites :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hmm, are you sure you wanna do that?
I mean the 7S26 movement has no decoration at all and the wave on the caseback is nicerto look at in my opinion :)

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,361 Posts
Probably been asked many times before, so apologies in advance. Is it possible to get a glass back for a seiko divers? I've scoured the web and can't seem to find any indication that its available.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Merry Christmas to you all.
I agre with the question: "Do you really want to do that?"

The movement is well made and reliable but very plain. Really not much to look at imho. Additionally, a glass window just adds another possible entry point for water on a watch designed to be water resistant.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Hmm, are you sure you wanna do that?
I mean the 7S26 movement has no decoration at all and the wave on the caseback is nicerto look at in my opinion :)
I agre with the question: "Do you really want to do that?"

The movement is well made and reliable but very plain. Really not much to look at imho. Additionally, a glass window just adds another possible entry point for water on a watch designed to be water resistant.
To someone that might not have any display back watches, it may still be very interesting to watch all the parts. There doesn't need to be "decoration" for it to be interesting.

And hurting the WR doesn't really matter...as the glass back would survive easily to 100m...and since most of us don't actually dive I see no issue.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
To the original poster, the see through back from any modern 7s powered seiko 5 should be a straight swap into the monster. That said, as others have mentioned, the swap will invalidate the depth rating, so keep that in mind should you want to get your watch wet. Another issue is that seiko display backs are noticeably thicker than pure stainless steel casebacks. while this is a non issue on a small watch, on a big watch like a monster, it might or might not raise it in your arm beyond the point of comfort. Sadly there is no way to know whether this will be comfortable for you without first trying it.

Good luck.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,361 Posts
To someone that might not have any display back watches, it may still be very interesting to watch all the parts. There doesn't need to be "decoration" for it to be interesting.

And hurting the WR doesn't really matter...as the glass back would survive easily to 100m...and since most of us don't actually dive I see no issue.
It's not a matter of the glass back surviving to 100 meters (a deep dive), because the glass will likely survive greater depth. The seal is the weak point. Why add another entry point for moisture that will in all likelihood invalidate the warranty. And as noted it will make a fat watch even fatter.

·
Registered
646 Posts
As someone has previously posted here, Noah, has a new type I have not seen before, it's brushed also, but it doesn't quite seem as high as the display back that Seiko produces and the ones posted here, check his site out and you will see what I mean, It's not the same, and it looks like it covers the recess in the case better than the stock Seiko does. It just barely covers the o-ring, so I won't use one on my divers. IMO.....Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts