WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow watch geeks,

I've had this watch for some time now but could not bond with it. I looked everywhere for mod pics of various knights to draw inspiration from but had little success. One day while Googling I learnt that the Monster glass also fits the Knights and as I just happen to have one laying around that I didn't like in the Monster, I just had to try it in the Knight. Well I didn't like the distortion I got with it in the Monster but I really like it with the Knight, it just brings the otherwise dull face to life.

I also took the shine off the middle links to give it a more robust look and now I absolutely dig this watch!
Comments welcome?...Anyone out there with cool knights??

_9015955.JPG _9015963.JPG

·
Registered
121 Posts
But the Knight crystal is already a slight dome. Thinking that the Monster is about the closest, and thus ugliest, thing Seiko makes to a "fashion" watch, I have never owned one. Is the Monster a higher dome than the Knight?

I have a White Knight that has a very modest mod. A lance style center second hand.

By sxsdoublegun at 2011-09-03

As a matter of fact, will probably mod the BK with this c.s.h. also.

Max

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hello fellow watch geeks,

I've had this watch for some time now but could not bond with it. I looked everywhere for mod pics of various knights to draw inspiration from but had little success. One day while Googling I learnt that the Monster glass also fits the Knights and as I just happen to have one laying around that I didn't like in the Monster, I just had to try it in the Knight. Well I didn't like the distortion I got with it in the Monster but I really like it with the Knight, it just brings the otherwise dull face to life.

I also took the shine off the middle links to give it a more robust look and now I absolutely dig this watch!
Comments welcome?...Anyone out there with cool knights??

I love stories like this.
Having a watch you KNOW is good but can't get excited about it (and not knowing why), and then making some simple changes and voila you suddenly find a new appreciation for your watch.
That is terrific. I like that!

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for comments guys, I hear what you are saying about the Monster, that's why I modded that one as well. As soon as my Isofrane comes in I will do a shoot and post some pics for you.

That's right, the original glass is domed but not to the same extent as the after market one from 10 watches (now Dagaz), when you look at it side on, it's a bit like the bottom of a cola bottle.
I don't know if it was just me but I found the orange dial a little lifeless, I would strongly recommend this mod for any of the Knight variants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts