WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I posted on TZ, but figured I would re-post it here too, due to a broader audience.

I had this Landmaster for the last 10+ years, Really liked it, but unfortunately crown tube threads gave up at some point. Repair estimate from multiple sources were around $800 in 2011. I wish I could have done it back then, but I just put it in a drawer thinking about repairing later. Recently I discovered it again ;) It keeps a good time and completely functional, the only flaw is stripped tube threads. Crown had been replaced during the last service back in 2009. I revived the conversation with Seiko Service Center in JP, but after two week back and forth, the gist - no more parts available for SBDX007/09 cases. I'm looking for suggestions. Please let me know if you know/heard anyone successfully repair Seiko cases. Also I know at least one more guys with the same issue, he contacted me recently, about my old post describing the situation.

2.jpg

--romas

·
G-Shock Mod
14,271 Posts
Its sad to see even Seiko JP is no longer supporting the watch. Its such a great time piece.

So the crown tube and case are one piece I guess.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, It's monocoque case. I guess the only option is to drill it out and convert to triplelock.

--romas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts