WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a photo/pic of all 4 of them together?

1. SRPA19K1 aka Zimbe Turtle or Grey Turtle
2. SRPB01K1 aka Green Turtle
3. SRPA21K1/J1 aka PADI Turtle
4. SRPB11K1/J1 aka Turtle Blue Lagoon

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have the Green Turtle on a Dark green Silicone Strap?

Reactions: hunthearin

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does all of these 4 models comes with additional Rubber strap?

·
Registered
6,433 Posts
Technically the Padi is not a limited edtition, i.e not numbered and rather a special edition (whatever that means).
And it does not come with an additional rubber strap, at least mine came only on bracelet IIRC.

Reactions: booest

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Technically the Padi is not a limited edtition, i.e not numbered and rather a special edition (whatever that means).
And it does not come with an additional rubber strap, at least mine came only on bracelet IIRC.

yeah..i think this part from Seiko need to be re-visited.
The LE are nice... but there should be a guideline.. even if it is from Thailand.

The LE ARE creating waves with many followers. It is an excellent start for Seiko to get good collectors up the bandwagon...
but things like no running number and the package difference in different countries and different dealers will be an issue.

The band alone is well worth the extra money in many some cases.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I am the happy owner of a Blue Lagoon and I fully agree the rubber (silicon?) strap is a worthy addition to an otherwise underwhelming stainless steel strap with an unacceptably cheap looking and feeling clasp. Can't Seiko charge us 100 bucks more and improve their bracelets once and for all? I've been wearing one of my triple six Sea Dwellers (?) these past few weeks and it's really pleasing to the eye to wear a higher-quality, nicely polished Oyster bracelet, even if it's the vintage version, with a stamped clasp. Huge difference!

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am the happy owner of a Blue Lagoon and I fully agree the rubber (silicon?) strap is a worthy addition to an otherwise underwhelming stainless steel strap with an unacceptably cheap looking and feeling clasp. Can't Seiko charge us 100 bucks more and improve their bracelets once and for all? I've been wearing one of my triple six Sea Dwellers (?) these past few weeks and it's really pleasing to the eye to wear a higher-quality, nicely polished Oyster bracelet, even if it's the vintage version, with a stamped clasp. Huge difference!

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

agree with the lower quality strap from this range of product.
I am not complaining since those are considered premium line items.

same goes for Sapphire Glass and Hi-Beat movement... pretty sure the MM300 have all the right moves... but at a high premium.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
66 Posts
WOW~!
so everything is there~!!!!

Cool~!

would like to here from you ....Which is the best Strap for Rubber?...Steel? ...Leather ??? as in the FIT/Quality and Price.
Color and Style is rather subjective.
bracelet for me.
easier to wear. always the right size (not too tight, not too loose). waterproof. sweatproof. just put the whole watch under a faucet to clean.

rubber is a far second.
and only if there are holes like that of crafter or isofrane.

leather is for looks only.
i like the Hirsch performance straps, rubber underneath, faux sailcloth or leather on top.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bracelet for me.
easier to wear. always the right size (not too tight, not too loose). waterproof. sweatproof. just put the whole watch under a faucet to clean.

rubber is a far second.

i like the Hirsch performance straps, rubber underneath, faux sailcloth or leather on top.
Such valuable feedbacks!
cheers~!

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
I own all of them. I'll try to get a family photo later.

... What can I say, I adore the Turtle.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
bracelet for me.

rubber is a far second.

Found the Seiko steel bracelet that comes with the turtle a real pain to adjust. Those damn collar pins....

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
I see I'm not the only one who has pondered about the difference between LE and SE in Seiko land.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Found the Seiko steel bracelet that comes with the turtle a real pain to adjust. Those damn collar pins...
agreed. the first time i removed those, i almost lost the collar pin. i didn't even know it was from the watch bracelet.

that's why i use strapcode bracelets, even oyster style ones.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
This would be the ultimate collectable "Turtle" for me...

b6d7dff55cd2bc02e400765ec8b83ae2.jpg

a 1978 Scubapro 450....limited edition based on the 6306-7001.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts