WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
That ridiculous 'signature' (a scratch or at best an etching) is such a pandering nod to obsessive watch geeks who don't have any idea what they're obsessing about that I wouldn't cross the road to pick one up if I saw it lying in the gutter, which by the way would be an appropriate place to come across it.

·
Banned
250 Posts
That ridiculous 'signature' (a scratch or at best an etching) is such a pandering nod to obsessive watch geeks who don't have any idea what they're obsessing about that I wouldn't cross the road to pick one up if I saw it lying in the gutter, which by the way would be an appropriate place to come across it.
I love the new signed crown. Much preferred.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You know you are a real watch freak when such a trivial feature on an otherwise great watch can make someone so bitter and disdainful.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You know you are a real watch freak when such a trivial feature on an otherwise great watch can make someone so bitter and disdainful.
You're not really one for picking up subtleties are you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am enjoying the hyperbole.

They hit stores in Tokyo today. I am going to try to check them out tomorrow. Overall, the changes seem kinda nice, but maybe not worth the price bump. We will see once people actually get the watches in their hands.

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
I don't like the crown. Looks cheap, although I guess it's more interesting than the old 001 crown.

I'm not a fan of getting rid of the machined crown logos. I thought when Seiko revised models, like the Darth, with the machining that they took a big step up in overall attention to detail.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I admit I'm not a fan of the MM300, but the new lume should count for something. Looking forward to seeing some real world comparisons!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
A very crucial aspect of perceiving sarcasme is listening to tone of voice, when typed it is not so easily picked up. Especially in a place like this where haters are so common.
Yeah, right.

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,925 Posts
A very crucial aspect of perceiving sarcasme is listening to tone of voice, when typed it is not so easily picked up. Especially in a place like this where haters are so common.
I thought it was pretty obvious given the exaggerated nature of his post. But you're right that sarcasm on the Internet is sometimes difficult to detect. I don't think, however, that there are many haters on this forum. This place is pretty relaxed, and most people here are friendly folk.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I thought it was pretty obvious given the exaggerated nature of his post. But you're right that sarcasm on the Internet is sometimes difficult to detect. I don't think, however, that there are many haters on this forum. This place is pretty relaxed, and most people here are friendly folk.
True, i guess haters was a bad choice of word.Perhaps passionate individuals would be a more appropriate title lol

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I admit I'm not a fan of the MM300, but the new lume should count for something. Looking forward to seeing some real world comparisons!
My 2003 model SBDX001 has the most nuclear lume of any diver I've ever owned (Crepas Tektite, Raven 44 Deep, Armida A2, XW Tsunami, SBDX011, SKX007, Halios Laguna, Halios Puck, etc.). I don't know how it could be improved upon? I'm in bed by 9 with a book most work nights and the watch is bright and legible in the dark. When I wake up at 5 it's still bright and legible in the dark - bright enough to illuminate large text. What more to ask for? I suppose I should be careful here as the watch was purchased in 2012 second hand, so it *could* have been relumed by someone like Jack at IWW (my 6105, which he relumed in 2012, is quite close in colour and intensity of its lume), but the rest of the watch shows abundant evidence of use, so I find it hard to believe that the case wasn't refinished at the same time...

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.