WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively experienced with basic Seiko modification and have started to experiment recently with movement upgrades. I have a vintage Seiko 5 that I swapped an nh35 movement into and I’ve decided to do the same with one of the Seiko dove models...

So... I recently acquired a vintage 4205 midsize (women’s?) Seiko dive watch on eBay. I’d like to try to fit an nh35 movement into the case. In theory, according to some eyeballing and quick research, I should be able to remove the metal spacer typically found in these cases and replace the tiny 4205 with a superior nh35a movement. Trim a new stem and crown to fit and button it up!

Has anyone heard of anyone trying this “mod”? Any reasons why it wouldn’t work? I should get the watch tomorrow so I’ll find out first-hand in the next week or so

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi what happened to your mod? any updates? i have the same watch for my watch... and the movement is not reliable anymore ... i was thinking of replacing it with a newer caliber

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi what happened to your mod? any updates? i have the same watch for my watch... and the movement is not reliable anymore ... i was thinking of replacing it with a newer caliber
Not sure about OP but I think a new NH05 is a straight swap over.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have several of these and I'm pretty sure the larger movement will not fit. I think I tried it but I don't remember exactly. If I get a chance today, I will see what happens.

The NH05 is a direct swap. The NH05 does not have tapped holes for the retention screws so the movement cannot be secured the same as the original. That might not be a bad thing because these screws were broken in most of the watches I got and the head was floating around, fouling the movement.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not gong to fit. Basically, dial and movement are are 2mm too large. Would be nice but not in the cards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts