WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never really liked Seiko's TBH, tried a Sport model (was thinking of modding to FF.....) but sold it without even wearing it. Gave up after that, but the love for Seikos and a recent review convinced me to try one again. This time I went for the classic Monster, this is the second generation version with the updated movement that gives hacking and hand winding......

.....and the news is that I do like it. Spent some time checking out how to adjust the bracelet, as I'd heard they can be difficult, but in fact found it surprisingly quick and easy. Still prefer screwed links, but it feels OK. Watch is lovely, looks good and is a great size for my 7" wrists. Bracelet is very comfortable. Some sharp edges around the bezel 'guard' and the bezel is slightly sloppy in feel (having said that it doesn't move at all when on the wrist.....). All in all very happy with this one and it'll be a keeper as the daily beater. What really sold me was the price, £132!!! Anyway, here are some pictures:

Ablogtowatch article that set me off is here:

http://www.ablogtowa...e-watch-review/

.....and I purchased this one from Creation Watches:

http://www.creationw...rp307-4346.html

Price was originally £132 when I bought it, but that has gone up now to £134, still a bargain when you compare to ~£200 on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Congrats! I have been going back and forth with purchasing my first Monster. It was always a toss up between the Nighthawk and Monster (two conpletely different watches, I know) and i still have neither of these cult classics. Now I'm back in the "I want it" camp. Im sure if I had seen one in real life, I would have one by now. Yours looks great. The orange version is a bit much for me but the black looks great. You certainly got a whole lot of watch for a little bit of money.

·
Premium Member
73,554 Posts
If you buy any watch from over the sea the price will vary with the exchange rate. Just occasionally the RRP will vary but the selling price will stay the same. It usually works out that I buy watches when the exchange rate is poor and they are more expensive.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! I have been going back and forth with purchasing my first Monster. It was always a toss up between the Nighthawk and Monster (two conpletely different watches, I know) and i still have neither of these cult classics. Now I'm back in the "I want it" camp. Im sure if I had seen one in real life, I would have one by now. Yours looks great. The orange version is a bit much for me but the black looks great. You certainly got a whole lot of watch for a little bit of money.
Thanks! After having the sport model I did not think I'd go for another Seiko, but it's just so iconic and bloody cheap!!!!

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! It looks great! Went for the SRP313

And eco-drive

.....liking the monster with the red highlights! Was thinking of that one, but couldn't be bothered with having to find a bracelet (must have a bracelet on my dive watches....).

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
I love my first gen BM and second gen 315 monster. Worth every penny.
Wear it well!

Sent from my [redacted] using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a lume shot.....

....and a couple of comparison shots against the Helson shark diver

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The Monster has tons of personality at an affordable price. Congrats!

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you pick it up pre-owned, that's less than 1/2 the current price from Japan, due tell.
Nope, brand new from Creation watches. See the link at the end of the original post......

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Forgotten a wrist shot.....

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I bought one (bloody monster) recently and absolutely love it. I was never struck by pictures but they piqued my interest, in the flesh it's fantastic. And like you what hooked me was the price, it was actually cheaper than my SKX was a few years ago. Bought mine from skywatches for £116 IIRC.

I ummed and ah'ed between the black or bloody monster and decided to get bloody because of its uniqueness. I didn't know that the black monster had silver edges to the markers as shown by your excellent photos, I thought they were white, and that white would blur with the lume giving a fuzzy impression overall. But it looks much better than I imagined. Damn, might have to get a black monster too now.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought one (bloody monster) recently and absolutely love it. I was never struck by pictures but they piqued my interest, in the flesh it's fantastic. And like you what hooked me was the price, it was actually cheaper than my SKX was a few years ago. Bought mine from skywatches for £116 IIRC.

I ummed and ah'ed between the black or bloody monster and decided to get bloody because of its uniqueness. I didn't know that the black monster had silver edges to the markers as shown by your excellent photos, I thought they were white, and that white would blur with the lume giving a fuzzy impression overall. But it looks much better than I imagined. Damn, might have to get a black monster too now.
.....sorry for making you get another one! And thanks for the complement on the photos.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Congrats! It's a great looking watch, I really enjoy my Orange one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts