WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Few days ago, I have bought Seiko SRP309. While resizing bracelet, I have noticed that one of the spring bars which connects bracelet links to bracelet clasp is not working properly. Spring is working only on one side, and sometimes when I push one side, cylinder form the other side pops out. It is the one which is used for micro adjustment. I was able to find similar one at my local watchmaker shop, but considering this is my main dive watch, I would not like to fail underwater. Where I can order original ones, or quality replacements?

Browsing the web, only ones that I could find that look like original ones were these "fat", used to connect bracelet to the watch body. Here are some pictures:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Here is replacement spring bar I could find with the original. Notice that the replacement main cylinder is shorter, and spring bar pins have spacers at the end:

photo 3.JPG

This is my first post. Be gentle :)

Regards,
Dragan

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hello all,

Few days ago, I have bought Seiko SRP309. While resizing bracelet, I have noticed that one of the spring bars which connects bracelet links to bracelet clasp is not working properly. Spring is working only on one side, and sometimes when I push one side, cylinder form the other side pops out. It is the one which is used for micro adjustment. I was able to find similar one at my local watchmaker shop, but considering this is my main dive watch, I would not like to fail underwater. Where I can order original ones, or quality replacements?

Browsing the web, only ones that I could find that look like original ones were these "fat", used to connect bracelet to the watch body. Here are some pictures:

View attachment 1474473

View attachment 1474474

Here is replacement spring bar I could find with the original. Notice that the replacement main cylinder is shorter, and spring bar pins have spacers at the end:

View attachment 1474475

This is my first post. Be gentle :)

Regards,
Dragan
Untitled

http://www.chronograph.com/store/index.asp

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I was not able to find spring bars I need at the site you have recommended. I have removed working spring bar from the other side of the clasp. Here is the picture (rather blurry). Is it possible to order genuine one somewhere?

photo.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you contacted Seiko head office,they should help you with replacements. As most jewellers use bars just for straps.

S2000

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Go to the local Seiko Service Centre and show them your broken springbar.
They will replace it free of charge.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Or get one of those boxes of 100s of springbars in different sizes from eBay. The ones used for the Monster clasp are a standard size included with these sets (though different, as you say, to the Seiko-specific 'fat bars' which are used for the lugs).

·
Registered
288 Posts
There are several different type if spring bars available. The one for the clasp are called clasp pins, which the ends are shorter than the regular double shoulder spring bars, which are usually used on the part that attaches to the watch strap and case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts