• orient maku

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding between these three
Looking for a casual, dressy, sporty watch that I can wear everyday. Which watch will last the best? Which watch will be the best for a wrist of about 18cm

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Seiko 007 or if you like blue -red bezels the 009. The Mako is one that I owned but came to hate because of the extra pusher. Also the fit & finish on them is inferior to the 007/009s from Seiko IMHO. The Monster is a nice watch, own 2, but can not be considered dressy in any conceivable way.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Deciding between these three
Looking for a casual, dressy, sporty watch that I can wear everyday. Which watch will last the best? Which watch will be the best for a wrist of about 18cm
The Monster will hold up the best over time, bezel numbers are recessed so they're hard to scratch, crystal is lower than the bezel for scratch protection ..... and the bracelet is an excellent design using thick spring bars and all solid links including the end links ..... micro adjustment holes at the clasp for a perfect and comfortable fit ..... not only does the bracelet have a divers extension but in addition to the fold over clasp there are twin pushers for security .....Monsters are camera shy, they look much better in the flesh vs pictures on the net ..... and they're strong too ..... there's a monster or two in this pile

Attachments

Reactions: zaxsingh

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
anything other than a monster; perhaps the 007.

·
Premium Member
66,755 Posts
As a Monster fan there's only one choice IMO but Doc's quite right the Monster will never be dressy so if you want something that is more "socially acceptable" then go for the 007. The dial in the Mako is not my cup of tea at all and prefer the Ray.

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
You said dressy, so I picked the Mako. If the 007 is dressy enough for you, I'd go with that.

·
Banned
1,504 Posts
I had the 007 and currently have a Monster. For everyday I'd go with the 007.

The reason I got rid of mine in favor of the Monster was because it was in fact too versatile for me. I bought mine to be exclusively a beater/gym watch, but the 007 ended up taking wrist time away from my Omega Seamaster. So I swapped it for the Monster.

I think the Monster is built a little better (has a better bezel and bracelet). But I would go with the 007 if it was my only watch.

I never liked the Orient Makos or Rays because of that dumb extra button that changes the day. Seemed unnecessary.

SANY0016.JPG
C360_2013-11-29-11-58-47-650.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have all three of the watches. The SKX007 get the most wrist time. The Mako is dressier, but I like the 007 for every day wear better. Like others, I don't really understand the point of the pusher for the day. If anything, it seems like it would have made more sense for the button to advance the date for months of less than 31 days. The SKX007 on an aftermarket bracelet is very nice.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The BM is a great watch, but man if I didn't get riled up dealing with those dang 'sleeves' in the bracelet.

Split pins and screws, FTW.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i've got all three to compare with (Ray instead of Mako), The monster, definitely not as a watch you can dress up.
Comparing the 007 with the Ray the Orient had the better standard bracelet.
If you intended on keeping it as it was i would say the Orient. However if you were open to changing the bracelet i would say the 007. I've put mine on a watchadoo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts