WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Was so pleased that for Father's day (tomorrow) I just got a Turtle 775 (at 40% discount in major UK Jeweller chain at moment)-
I am bowled over by the price to quality - after 20years buying lots of decent Swiss watches: Breitling, to Omega, Tag, Zenith, Rolex etc I gotta say I LOVE this Seiko. What a fantastic watch in every respect - outstanding.

simon

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
You know, if you like the new turtle, you should really, really take a look at the vintage 6309-70xx diver. There is something to be said about having and wearing a 40+ year old dive watch. Granted unless you've had it fully serviced with all new gaskets it should stay away from immersion but having that vintage diver....that there is the lip to the rabbit hole. BTW have you looked at any of the other Seiko vintage divers, like the 6105, or the 62MAS, or the reissue 62MAS? Are you familiar with the vintage sport divers or chronographs? And are you familiar with Seiko 5's? Oh man there are so many Seiko options, dude you just got a taste of Seiko, there is sooo much more....have you checked the sales forum here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts