WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have option of either movement in my new diver (300m , NH in case of 904L; while Miyota in case of 316L) Just no experience w Seiko movement. Consider both are "base movements and non-hacking".

Would appreciate other comments pro's vs. con etc so I can decide which movement to go with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a Seiko Kinetic diver that's been a great watch; comfortable, reliable, and accurate. I have three other watches with Miyota movements (Bulova watches, all), all reliable but all keeping within 20 seconds a day.

And I'm really not thrilled with 20 seconds a day!

Of course, as I recall a Seiko Kinetic is really a quartz with a rechargeable power supply so it's an unfair comparison. But my Swiss automatics are 4 seconds a day, and on my wrist, and the Miyotas are in a box.

So I'd go Seiko.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Miyota 8215 are proven movement... Very robust and reliable. Which is the reason why the Chinese DG2813 copy it. You can see why large number of cheap automatic watch uses this movement.

When doing modding, I drop the movement a number of times, pick it up and still run like a workhorse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts